Neo-Anime Forums
Neo-Anime Forums
March 28, 2024, 06:36:55 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Gallery Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

idea for discontinued threads due to missing thread starter

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: idea for discontinued threads due to missing thread starter  (Read 396 times)
Duama449
*narrows eyes* Read my sign!

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« on: October 21, 2009, 10:43:47 am »

I couldnt help but notice that one of the main reasons a thread fails is that the starter has no idea where to take the story or just up and disappears at the most crucial time. So im offering a good alternative. if the starter of the thread is gone for any extended number of time( a week or so) then the remainder of the rpers name a surogate. in short, a surogate is a person who will try to oversee the overall continuation of the thread and stick to the starter's thread ideas as best they can. This way we can prevent several good rps going dead.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 10:44:37 am by Duama449 » Report Spam   Logged

Dancing Artest kirby!!
   \\\\
<(0.0<)  

////
(>0.0)>

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

demon-fayt
"I find it kind of funny, i find it kind of sad; The dreams in which I'm dying are the best ive ever had..."

"The slower we move, the faster we die..."

View Profile WWW
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 05:46:09 pm »

I like this Idea. That way RP's that have a better chance of surviving to finish actually do without having to worry about suffering because the creator wasn't there to propel the story further.
Report Spam   Logged

Pro quis causa does vir diligo tamen ut certe certo sui suus satisfaction?

Click to view my Personality Profile page" border="0[/url]
Xira
Uncia

Be careful, I bite.

View Profile WWW
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 07:28:39 pm »

It's a good idea Dua. Sort of like a vice president or something. I think it may even be a good idea to name a VP thread starter person at the beginning of the thread so that, god forbid, something unexpected happens to the original thread starter we have someone to take over.
Report Spam   Logged

th31r1shguy
(self proclaimed) King of the Short Posts

not to be confused with th4t1r1shguy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 07:48:37 pm »

im gonna second xira's motion.  let the starter choose his replacement and fill that person in on the mechanics behind the roleplay.  as long as we write the starter's character out of the spotlight this should work (the death of plainswalkers, if some of you will recall)
Report Spam   Logged

Shit Happens
Xira
Uncia

Be careful, I bite.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 07:54:52 pm »

What was this Plainswalkers rp you keep mentioning, irish?
Report Spam   Logged

th31r1shguy
(self proclaimed) King of the Short Posts

not to be confused with th4t1r1shguy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 08:13:57 pm »

it was on the the last na (na2). chaz was the starter, and i volunteered to be the villian. so i knew all the plot twists and stuff, but i couldn't get chaz's character out of the way to continue the story until he got back
Report Spam   Logged

Shit Happens
Kadri
.:: Empress of Yay ::.
Administrator

Shh... I'm invisible...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2009, 12:16:32 am »

I know I'm not one of the main RPers on the forums, but I'm going to stick my .02 cents in anyway (as a "former" RPer). Wink

Personally, I have always been against roleplays that rely solely on one person (in this case, the creator) to keep them moving forward. If something happens and they lose interest, get stuck, or disappear... well, like you guys said, too many good RPs die because of it. As much as I love some of the extensive stories you guys create, sometimes I think ya'll rely too much on the creator's "plans" for where they wanted the story to go, and then you stall out if something happens to the creator or their story mojo.

I'm not against making plans, and having a general goal, but part of what makes RPs so interesting and so much fun is the creativity and characters brought in by other people (after all, if you roleplay by yourself all you're doing is writing a book, and not really roleplaying)... and if something goes wrong with the original plans (even if you have no idea what they were), the story can still be adapted and continued by the rest of the players. There's no reason to let it die just because something happens with the creator.

Now that that's out of my system...

-climbs down from her soap box-

...I'd just like to say that, having a second-in-command is not a bad idea, either. However, I still stick with my previous point, as well: You don't necessarily need the creator to finish a story. It may deviate from the creator's original intentions, but that doesn't matter if they're not around to finish the RP, anyway.

Also, if there's ever any sort of problem in the RP forums, please feel free to drop me a PM. If someone disappears from an RP and you don't have their contact info, I have everyone's e-mail addresses on file now. I won't give out their contact info, but I don't mind contacting them (or at least trying to) to find out what's going on.

And if someone is constantly ditching RPs without warning and screwing everyone over... Let me know. If necessary, I have the ability to ban people (temporarily or permanently) from just the RP sections of the forum.
Report Spam   Logged

Discord Tag#5403

Welcome to the Idiots Convention. Would you like a free t-shirt?

Oh look, I found my original Neo-Anime signature... Ah, good times... XD

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: