Neo-Anime Forums
Neo-Anime Forums
April 19, 2024, 04:26:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Gallery Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

How can people really be this stupid.....

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How can people really be this stupid.....  (Read 333 times)
demon-fayt
"I find it kind of funny, i find it kind of sad; The dreams in which I'm dying are the best ive ever had..."

"The slower we move, the faster we die..."

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« on: November 01, 2009, 06:20:12 pm »

Ok, so I know that this is nothing new, But I still find that I would like to share this with the sensible, respectable colleagues of the NA community, to share in my anger (Oh, its-a brewin!)

-deep breath- so.. Ugly & Stupid...Lets start a bonfire at Fox News headquarters, shall we?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 09:40:33 am by demon-fayt » Report Spam   Logged

Pro quis causa does vir diligo tamen ut certe certo sui suus satisfaction?

Click to view my Personality Profile page" border="0[/url]

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Xira
Uncia

Be careful, I bite.

View Profile WWW
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 02:37:10 pm »

Oh my god!!
I completely agree with you Demon. I've not played Mass Effect (not to say that I don't want to) but that guy who actually played the game was making a very good point. 2 minutes out of 30+ hours, and the sex scene isn't even mandatory! I don't see why they are making such a big deal over this kind of thing when there are movies rated PG-13 out there that are far worse and show sex scenes and innuendo all the way through out. This game is rated M meaning only people 18+ can buy it, and by that time they're an adult and can make their own damn decisions. Man I'm on, like, a hate powered adrenaline rush right now. >.<
Report Spam   Logged

demon-fayt
"I find it kind of funny, i find it kind of sad; The dreams in which I'm dying are the best ive ever had..."

"The slower we move, the faster we die..."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 06:02:47 pm »

(actually, for M rated games, you only have to be 17. its AO games you have to be 18 for, but minor details.) OK. so Here goes my rant Evil:

First thing: Its UNFORTUNATE that parents now have to monitor their children because of advances in technology? well then maybe you just shouldn't have kids then, you lazy, pompous B****! And really, how much effort does it take to look at that big ole M staring you in the face when you pick up the case? Its not even like you have to read anything. If you don't want you kids playing M rated games, you dont even need to see WHY its rated as such, JUST DON'T GET IT! >_< "I'm certainly not letting Mass Effect into MY house" You probably couldn't find you own d**k with the Hubble telescope, let alone find the game section where this great selection might be! And the sex scene is only like.....not even a minute!! you spend more time getting to the sex than you actually do viewing it!! YOU BARELY SEE ANYTHING SEXUAL!! "Ohh, I dont want MY kids viewing the backside and ass-crack of a blue alien chick! Bioware, you should be ashamed of yourself!! Games are destroying our youth!!" T_T Have any of these people seen 'Somethings Gotta Give'? yeah, that was a PG-13 rated film, and for a good minute, you get to see Diane Keaton's boobs. (I know its not the first PG-13 film to show boobs, but i cant think of any others) >_< GRRRRR Theres more that i was gonna rant about, but I cant think of it at the moment cause IM SOO PISSEDD!!!!  Dead
Report Spam   Logged

Pro quis causa does vir diligo tamen ut certe certo sui suus satisfaction?

Click to view my Personality Profile page" border="0[/url]
Lil Spawn
The Hellspawn from Heaven

Whoa...you a got a huge boogie right there...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2009, 06:11:47 am »

Ok this is simple. The game is already out, the news reporters and critics are clinically insane, and if you have an issue with your child playing the game or games like that(meaning the violence and/or sex) then be a smart parent and DON'T by it. How DARE they say that about THIS game when EVERY 3D GTA GAME WAS WAY WORSE. Not to mention that THEY ARE BOTH RATED M FOR 'MATURE'.

GTA > Mass Effect when it comes to the violence AND sex. I rest my case.
Report Spam   Logged

gjaerd

The sky's on fire

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 4
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 01:55:30 pm »

Oh my God! Children might just learn that sex is part of human relationships and that the feelings associated with it belong to the spectrum of emotions!
If anything this is better than most sexual education classes. Sex isn't an impersonal act of stimulation of bodily tissues. Sex doesn't just happen one second to the next. Through the experiences of the protaganist that the player controls kids could learn to understand much more about the subject and see how the feeling develops and what kind of impact it has.

I do wonder what that woman on the left's sex life is like, though. I bet she's one of those freaky S&M types that needs the taboo of sex and sexual images to persist in order for her to feel dirty and get off Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
Kadaj
καλλιχτι

It was ever thus...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 07:01:30 pm »

You might also consider that Fox is full of incompetent, presumptuous bastards. It's not like they have a right to influence public opinion. I mean, really. Just to stay on the topic of gaming, take this for example.

Report Spam   Logged

I hold you in the highest regard, my friends.

gjaerd

The sky's on fire

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 4
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 02:05:21 pm »

Dude! Over 300 feet! I knew the DS had decent hardware, but that is awesome!

Oh and maybe Fox might want to consider this: nobody ever uses pictochat outside of Japan
Report Spam   Logged
Lil Spawn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2009, 09:36:01 am »

But my thing is unless your next door neighbors are pedos no one cares.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 09:36:18 am by Lil Spawn » Report Spam   Logged

Duama449
*narrows eyes* Read my sign!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2009, 09:05:18 pm »

Games will always Be seen as a scapegoat. People will always blame the video games because they dont wanna admit their bad parents. Dont blame the rated games when you dont pay attention to what kid wants.
Report Spam   Logged

Dancing Artest kirby!!
   \\\\
<(0.0<)  

////
(>0.0)>
Lil Spawn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2009, 10:10:01 pm »

Exactly. "Oh my child is acting this way because of these GAMES he plays!" Well ma'am the game's rating clearly states "17 AND OLDER". Why are you buying for Lil' Jimmy in the first place???
Report Spam   Logged

Duama449
*narrows eyes* Read my sign!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2009, 02:18:27 pm »

Thank you! But i honestly think of it as a testament to how long video games will be here to stay. Every popular object of any generation has met criticism of corruption of minors. Movies for example, when they really took off people claimed they rotted your brain, same with televison, radio, and even newspapers! nowadays parents hardly mind lil susie seeing an R rated movie with proper supervision. The day will come when video games wont face the ridiculous scrutiny it does now, we just have to ride it out and wait for the idiots to catch on. Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Dancing Artest kirby!!
   \\\\
<(0.0<)  

////
(>0.0)>
Kadri
.:: Empress of Yay ::.
Administrator

Shh... I'm invisible...

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2009, 02:52:23 pm »

Thank you! But i honestly think of it as a testament to how long video games will be here to stay. Every popular object of any generation has met criticism of corruption of minors. Movies for example, when they really took off people claimed they rotted your brain, same with televison, radio, and even newspapers! nowadays parents hardly mind lil susie seeing an R rated movie with proper supervision. The day will come when video games wont face the ridiculous scrutiny it does now, we just have to ride it out and wait for the idiots to catch on. Tongue

Oh, every now and then you still get to listen to how "television is evil, etc, etc" or how some particular genre of music (rap being the primary target, usually) is responsible for kids and teenagers committing violent crimes. That's just how people are--there will always be something for someone to object to, whether it's on TV, in the movies, on the radio, or in a game. You just have to learn to tune those people out and move on.

Games will always Be seen as a scapegoat. People will always blame the video games because they dont wanna admit their bad parents. Dont blame the rated games when you dont pay attention to what kid wants.

"Oh my child is acting this way because of these GAMES he plays!" Well ma'am the game's rating clearly states "17 AND OLDER". Why are you buying for Lil' Jimmy in the first place???

And the same thing applies to all of these people who scream about what their kids are watching on television and what music their kids are listening to.

Point is, if you object to it, don't buy it for your kids and then blame the TV stations, the musicians, or the gaming industry for corrupting them. Learn to put your foot down and say "No" instead of giving in every time they throw a tantrum. It's called "common sense."

</end rant>
Report Spam   Logged

Discord Tag#5403

Welcome to the Idiots Convention. Would you like a free t-shirt?

Oh look, I found my original Neo-Anime signature... Ah, good times... XD

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: