Neo-Anime Forums
Neo-Anime Forums
March 29, 2024, 08:02:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Gallery Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Scourge: The Den of Thieves

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scourge: The Den of Thieves  (Read 3835 times)
th31r1shguy
(self proclaimed) King of the Short Posts

not to be confused with th4t1r1shguy

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« on: November 09, 2009, 02:29:59 pm »

The year was 2052, and it was raining.  A decade before, economic depression swept New London.  One year later later, the first signs of a rebuilding economy shown through the cracks.  A man named Roscoe Hernandez re-established the fabled Den of Thieves, and that Den attempted to bridge the gap between upper and lower class.  For 10 more years, the thieves struggled to bring down the Machine, with little luck.  Now, at the pivotal point of this ten year struggle, the Den lost their first ray of hope. 
The year was 2052, and it was raining the day Roscoe Hernandez was killed.

In a small, decrepit Catholic church, the few remaining members of the Den of Thieves had gathered to give their respects.  Sean sat in the back row, hood over his head, arms crossed.  He listened as the other thieves whispered about the murder.  "It has to be the machine.  They've wanted us dead for years.  Now that they've finaly taken out the leader, its only a matter of time."  said one.  "No way, it has to be the Hernandians.  They've been eliminating us one by one.  This was bound to happen."  said another.  There was no more leadership in Scourge anymore, only whisperers.  Sean rose from his seat and left the church.

There was no longer a drinking age limit at O'maley's bar.  If you were old enough to work, and felt the effects of the last 10 years, you were equal, and you could drink.  Sean had just finished his third beer when the other thieves from the funeral arrived.  Sean didn't notice, he just stared into the bottom of the mug, thinking. 
Report Spam   Logged

Shit Happens

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Lil Spawn
The Hellspawn from Heaven

Whoa...you a got a huge boogie right there...

View Profile WWW
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 04:28:03 pm »

Ryzenshi stood on top of the roof of the church. He was a new member to the Den, yet a pivotal asset to the organization. He felt everyone's emotions emitting from the church. Feeling everyone's pain, he wanted to try and figure out what happened. "...It doesn't make any sense. How could this have happened without anyone knowing anything?...hmm..." He jumped off the roof and landed in front of the church. "It looks like ppl are heading to the bar." He heads over to the bar with a few of the others and sees Sean. "Stupid question but...how are you feeling?", he asks while he sits on the stool next to him
Report Spam   Logged

Duama449
*narrows eyes* Read my sign!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 07:00:48 pm »

"hmm let's see...his dad is dead, the organization is falling apart and no one knows a thing...how do ya think." ryzenshi wheels around to see Duama sit down on the other side of Sean "It sucks but we're here for you Sean...there isnt a person alive in that den that doesnt owe their life to your old man." he signals the bartender and a full mug is placed in front of him he raises his glass in respect to his fallen comrade and chokes down the entire mug. "Puaaaaahaaaa! To the old man." he said as he slammed his mug down.
Report Spam   Logged

Dancing Artest kirby!!
   \\\\
<(0.0<)  

////
(>0.0)>
th31r1shguy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 09:17:18 pm »

"We're all feeling it, just look around," Sean said, downing beer four.  He burped, and slammed his mug on the counter.  "Happens every time we lose a good leader.  Happened when my dad died.  Only difference this time is we don't have an even stronger leader that can put us back on our feet." Sean turned around on his stool, sitting with his back against the bar. 
Report Spam   Logged

Shit Happens
Shadow Crusnik
The Fallen God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 09:38:40 pm »

Vincent was in the back already not saying anything to anyone, he soon stood and the people got out of his way, he made his way to the front of the bar by sean duama and ryzenshi the bartender began to pour him a beer, "Do not bother i do not drink such filth." He said irritated, "I am heading back now, if you need to talk you know where to find me." He said as he patted sean on the back and looked at the other two, then before he got to the door he would almost seem to vanish in a vapor of shadow.

Vincent had made his way back to the base of the den of thieves, although no one was there, he himself kind of liked it this way. He still had a hard time interacting with the people of the den ever since chris died. He was the only one that made the den feel safe to have him, and the feeling only got worse with the death of the only man who backed chris on his decision to bring in vincent. Vincent then made his way to a memorial, in the back. "I feel that there is going to be a war coming soon, and to be honest i am unsure of the sides, all i know is that i will fight with what you have told me, and for no other cause." He said to the little black that said chris hatcher
Report Spam   Logged

Even if the corpses pile up under my throne and my rivers flow crimson. I will not stop till I have reached my goal
Lil Spawn
The Hellspawn from Heaven

Whoa...you a got a huge boogie right there...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 09:46:38 pm »

Ryzenshi sits and ponders for a second. The bartender unintentionally interrupts. "Would you like anything?" He looks up and says, "Yea just get me some water." He looks over at Sean at puts is hand on his shoulder. "Well...what about you? You were his son. Carry on his work in his honor. And personally, I don't think it's anyone more suited for the job."
Report Spam   Logged

HydingDeamon

Life's purple. And yummy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 11:44:40 am »

Demi wandered aimlessly down the halls of an abandoned catholic church. Only a few rooms away, in the chapel, a small ceremony was being held for Roscoe Hernandez. As much as she would love to walk into the room to pay respects herself, she was aware that one step through the door would be an instant death sentence. So instead, she wandered the hallways, listening to the rising and fading whispers of the mourning members of the Den of Thieves.

Another thing haunting her was the knowledge that there were several members of the Hernandians lurking in the church, but whether or not they were in the chapel was a mystery to her. Were they merely paying respects themselves, or were they planning something more sinister? She doubted the latter, but with the Hernandians, you never knew. There was always one bad apple in the bunch with not a single regard to the code.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 11:46:09 am by HydingDeamon » Report Spam   Logged
Duama449

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2009, 01:21:15 pm »

Ryzenshi sits and ponders for a second. The bartender unintentionally interrupts. "Would you like anything?" He looks up and says, "Yea just get me some water." He looks over at Sean at puts is hand on his shoulder. "Well...what about you? You were his son. Carry on his work in his honor. And personally, I don't think it's anyone more suited for the job."

"heh, no way it'll be that easy...I admit it Sean's go the moves to rival his old man but the best jobs your dad pulled were with his team....If you're gonna pick up where he left off your gonna need help." he said as a smirk crossed his face.
Report Spam   Logged

Dancing Artest kirby!!
   \\\\
<(0.0<)  

////
(>0.0)>
th31r1shguy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2009, 04:42:42 pm »

"Lets get one thing strait.  My moves don't rival my dad's, they're better.  But cha don't just walk inta a den meeting and declair youself Den Master.  You gotta have a reputation, your OWN reputation.  Right now im still Chris Hatcher's son.  I'm not Sean Hatcher yet." Sean said.  He tried to pull himself off the stool, but soon decided on using his power.  A faint "fwoop"ing sound was heard as Sean instantaneously shrank into his stomach and re apeared a couple yards from the bar, stumbling off balance.  "Damn, almost tripped"
Report Spam   Logged

Shit Happens
Duama449

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2009, 05:06:08 pm »

Rolling his eyes Duama got up and rand toward the nearest wall. Not bothering to slow his pace Duama phased through the wall effortlessly and ran to cautch up to Sean. "okay we get it, you're the lone wolf with daddy issues. Look all I'm saying is you wont make a name for yourself by yourself. Even your old man couldnt do that so how are you..." Duama shoved Sean's shoulder causing him to stumble over himself. "When you can't even keep your own balance."
Report Spam   Logged

Dancing Artest kirby!!
   \\\\
<(0.0<)  

////
(>0.0)>
th31r1shguy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2009, 07:45:18 pm »

(oops, didn't mean to leave the room... o well)

Sean fell onto the pavement, startled.  "And I'm sure you'll be there to catch me" Sean said, teleporting onto his feet.  "Look, I know you just want to help, but I work alone.  I won't make my father's mistakes."  Sean stormed off, walking towards the church.  
Report Spam   Logged

Shit Happens
Duama449

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2009, 08:16:53 pm »

Duama sighed and spun his friend around by the arm. cathing him as he nearly fell over. "Look none of us could've known that one of your old man's longest standing friends was a hernandian...you just need to be careful who you surround yourself with. I loved your old man too ya know? He was like a father to both of us and vincent, and no way i'm gonna let his son and my best friend get himself killed or drink himself into a coma!"
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 08:17:36 pm by Duama449 » Report Spam   Logged

Dancing Artest kirby!!
   \\\\
<(0.0<)  

////
(>0.0)>
demon-fayt
"I find it kind of funny, i find it kind of sad; The dreams in which I'm dying are the best ive ever had..."

"The slower we move, the faster we die..."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2009, 08:41:16 pm »

Avery slipped through the shadows as no more than a passing though in the church, not needing his time warping abilities for something this simple. He had been following a figure, a girl, who stood in the hall of the church, not knowing what to do. Making sure no one else was around, Avery slipped forward and grabbed the girl by the shoulder and turned her around to face him, already knowing perfectly the frame of the face that now looked up at him in shock, and something much like resentment. "I know what your thinking. Im not here to bring you back to the Hernandian guild. In fact, I left there not too long ago myself. I've been trying to find you ever since......." He trailed off when he saw the forms of Duama and Sean come closer to the church through the stained glass "We have to leave." he said hurriedly "No time for questions, just grab onto me." 
Report Spam   Logged

Pro quis causa does vir diligo tamen ut certe certo sui suus satisfaction?

Click to view my Personality Profile page" border="0[/url]
HydingDeamon

Life's purple. And yummy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2009, 08:53:31 pm »

Demi instinctively grabbed ahold of the familiar figure, but with much suspicion. A voice inside her head cried with relief while another told her this was very very wrong. THe face, the stance, the familiar tousled, untameable hair- all screamed familiarity, which was exactly what she didn't want at the moment. Demi opened her mouth to speak but was silenced by the look on his face, as well as the shadows dancing across the windows, and the voices drifting in from the decrepit walls.

She gave the boy a questioning look just as she felt a change in the surrounding area.
Report Spam   Logged
demon-fayt
"I find it kind of funny, i find it kind of sad; The dreams in which I'm dying are the best ive ever had..."

"The slower we move, the faster we die..."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2009, 09:11:28 pm »

As the girl began to grab tightly onto Avery's being, He began to slow down time, rather, he sped up as everything else around him slowed down. "Whatever you do, do not let go of me." Avery said to the girl "We have to get out of here before they arrive and realize that we're not of their ranks. There was a cellar that opened  to the outside that I was able to get into in one of the basement cellars. Its just this wa...." He could not believe his luck; He'd forgotten that for the ceremony, they had sealed off the basement entrance, leaving the only the side entrance, which required travel through the room of the ceremony, and the front door, which the pair had reached right before the warping of time. Even with this ability, Avery was still stuck between a rock and a hard place, familiarizing himself with the faces of those he knew were Hernandian. He made his decision, and figured that it would be easier to pass the two as they entered rather than chance loosing control in the middle of the chapel. "Get ready to move as soon as they open that door, ok?" Avery instructed
Report Spam   Logged

Pro quis causa does vir diligo tamen ut certe certo sui suus satisfaction?

Click to view my Personality Profile page" border="0[/url]

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: