Neo-Anime Forums
Neo-Anime Forums
March 29, 2024, 02:07:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Gallery Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Religious Homosexuals?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Religious Homosexuals?  (Read 463 times)
Kadaj
καλλιχτι

It was ever thus...

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2009, 12:49:00 pm »

You do not have to follow all of the rules to be religious, so I guess that's fine. That is why we have sects. However, someone claiming to be a Christian or a Jew and being gay is contradictory, was the point I was trying to make. My post wasn't very clear on that, sorry. Mormons, for example, do not believe in certain parts of the Bible, and claim some things that are not in it. However, theirs is still considered a valid religion, and they claim to follow the same God as Christians. They may not have a name for it, but I'm sure that gays have their own system of belief that has yet to be recognized. You might ask them about it, to get a better idea of what they believe.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 01:19:55 pm by Kadaj » Report Spam   Logged

I hold you in the highest regard, my friends.

Lil Spawn
The Hellspawn from Heaven

Whoa...you a got a huge boogie right there...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2009, 03:15:45 pm »

However, someone claiming to be a Christian or a Jew and being gay is contradictory, was the point I was trying to make.

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking. It doesn't seem right...but yes you are correct in saying that one should ask a homosexual their belief.
Report Spam   Logged

Duama449
*narrows eyes* Read my sign!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2009, 11:13:27 pm »

Well i dont know about homosexual but i think salvationist was bisexual. but seeing as he's not here we cant ask him...
Report Spam   Logged

Dancing Artest kirby!!
   \\\\
<(0.0<)  

////
(>0.0)>
Kadaj
καλλιχτι

It was ever thus...

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2009, 03:17:50 pm »

Well i dont know about homosexual but i think salvationist was bisexual. but seeing as he's not here we cant ask him...
I've seen him around here and there. You could PM him or try his email if he has it up.
Report Spam   Logged

Xira
Uncia

Be careful, I bite.

View Profile WWW
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2010, 11:57:45 pm »

However, someone claiming to be a Christian or a Jew and being gay is contradictory, was the point I was trying to make.
I actually don't think that's true. Homosexuality is caused by a certain chemistry in the brain, so there's nothing you can really do about your orientation. It's not the fact of being homosexual/bi that is contradictory to Christianity/Judaism, it's acting upon those feelings. I know it seems cruel but Christian/Jewish beliefs don't have anything against gays/bis, just those who act on it and marry or have intimate relations outside the opposite sex.
(my finace and I have talked in depth on this topic)
Report Spam   Logged

Duama449

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2010, 12:59:04 am »

Yet at the same time, I feel the bible should change to meet the times, hell the new testament is proof of that. God went from super vengeful and punishing others to being all forgiving after the death of his son by man. That takes balls and a tremendous amount of change. I feel most of the ideology that we cling to justify saying homosexuality is a sin are from a time when thousands of years ago mankind just wasnt civilized enough to neither rationalize nor understand homosexuality; so they did what did with everything they didnt understand: fear it, hate it, make it a sin. I'm a believer in love. We've seen love is colorless, ageless, blind, and cant be broken by distance or circumstances, so why the hell can't it be genderless to? You can't help who you love. Oh and last time I checked pre-martial sex is a sin too, but who's fighting the good fight and damning those people to hell under the age of 50?
*looks around and no one raises hand*
Uh huh, well imagine that...
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 01:02:57 am by Duama449 » Report Spam   Logged

Dancing Artest kirby!!
   \\\\
<(0.0<)  

////
(>0.0)>
Xira
Uncia

Be careful, I bite.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2010, 01:29:17 am »

Normally religion is a bad thing to get into.....well here goes.
Normally I'd agree with you about how things need to change with the times, Dua. But with religion this is not the case. It was a momentous event that took place in the New Testament that caused the change you spoke of in God's apparent attitude towards man. However, not only has no such event occurred that would warrent a change in the word of God, but it is the Word of God. He said it there for it is, and no matter how bad man wants it to change it won't happen. I can't speak for other religions as I'm not well versed in them but as for Christianity I feel that what I said in my previous post still rings true.

And there are still a good amount of people out there who pounce on pre-marital sex, believe me. If it weren't for all those people (pretty much everyone I know around where I live) I would have yoinked my fiance's virginity long ago.
Report Spam   Logged

Salvationist
The magical archivist of useless information

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2010, 06:16:58 pm »

Well I've recently came to a realization about that. It's not something I really want to talk about in detail on an internet forum. I've realized I wasn't really ever Bi. I was just desperate for any kind of relationship for the past few years that I was willing to "expirement" as so many put it these days. I was "bi-curious" I guess?

As far as religion and homosexuality go it's really up to you. We can debate over who's right and who's wrong but no one will ever know the answer. The Bible isn't fact. No religion is fact. I'm not oging to go into details because Kadaj already covered everything I would say for the most part. In my opinion do what works for you. Live your life by a set of morals you deem appropriate and if you feel the need to be comforted by a higher power talk to whatever you beleive to be a higher power. I personally don't think it makes sense to try and understand the will and identiy of higher powers. Just talk in your mind and hope someone listens. It works for me.

I apologize if the paragraph above doesn't make much sense. I find it very hard to find the words to explain the thoughts that run through my head lately.
Report Spam   Logged
Duama449

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2010, 12:19:07 pm »

No worries you made perfect sense  Thumbs-up

Report Spam   Logged

Dancing Artest kirby!!
   \\\\
<(0.0<)  

////
(>0.0)>
Munky
spazz

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2010, 01:23:22 pm »

wow...4yrs later and we're still having this debate? figured you guys would of hit the "agree to disagree" button and moved on a long time ago.

The Bible isn't fact. No religion is fact.
thats why its called faith. sorry, just somethin about that statement kinda irked me.
Report Spam   Logged
Salvationist
The magical archivist of useless information

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2010, 04:35:54 pm »

wow...4yrs later and we're still having this debate? figured you guys would of hit the "agree to disagree" button and moved on a long time ago.

The Bible isn't fact. No religion is fact.

Yeah your'e right Munky. I should have included that.
thats why its called faith. sorry, just somethin about that statement kinda irked me.
Report Spam   Logged
Kadaj
καλλιχτι

It was ever thus...

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2010, 07:52:47 pm »

I actually don't think that's true. Homosexuality is caused by a certain chemistry in the brain, so there's nothing you can really do about your orientation. It's not the fact of being homosexual/bi that is contradictory to Christianity/Judaism, it's acting upon those feelings. I know it seems cruel but Christian/Jewish beliefs don't have anything against gays/bis, just those who act on it and marry or have intimate relations outside the opposite sex.
(my finace and I have talked in depth on this topic)
Oh, I agree with that. There are specific mentions of gay sex as a sin in the Old Testament, but if it is a fact that cannot be helped then nothing can be done other than abstinence. I am operating under the assumption that such attraction is psychological, and I would like you to cite sources, but I will grant you the point under your assumption.
Report Spam   Logged

Xira
Uncia

Be careful, I bite.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2010, 09:34:12 pm »

What a lot of people tend to overlook is that a lot of the old testament laws stated in the bible got debunked when Christ was crucified. For example, women no longer have to travel two miles out to bury their tampons. I think it would take a more intensive study.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: