Neo-Anime Forums
Neo-Anime Forums
March 28, 2024, 07:38:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Gallery Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

New moon (by proxy the twilight saga)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New moon (by proxy the twilight saga)  (Read 519 times)
Duama449
*narrows eyes* Read my sign!

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« on: November 29, 2009, 05:27:20 pm »

I know I'm opening up a can of worms here but hey...we've always commented about the latest crazes and movies, so why not this one?  Flirt So let's here all your thoughts, do you love the series? Hate it? or just somewhere in the middle.
Report Spam   Logged

Dancing Artest kirby!!
   \\\\
<(0.0<)  

////
(>0.0)>

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

onyx_is_radiant
i reject your reality, and submit my own.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 05:39:39 pm »

Ooooooooooooooooh Duama.. you have gotten me started. xDDD

So: One- I read the series a few times. I liked it, but I was never one of those OMG TWILIGHT. It's a good novel for girls, but when I go to my school and see guys reading it, wow my respect for them goes downnnnnnnnnn. It was Nova(remember her??!) who got me into the series. When I had heard they were making them movies I said they were going to screw it up, or go Twilight mega-crush. Both were done.
Two- The movies drive me insane. I think they screwed the first one up a bit, but the worst part of the movie were the actors. Only Edward and Bella though. The rest were cast very very well. Haha. Although, being compared to Bella every effing day of my life is getting QUITE annoying! She never closes her mouth. I'm telling you.... And Edward is.. gross. For lack of a better term.

But yeah...I honestly think that they are wayyyyyyyyy too advertised, I mean.. did you see the Burger King commercial and that other weird one? If every girl and now guy for that matter wasn't so obsessed I'd find the movies/books better in favor... I think it's the inner-rebel in me that just wants to ring their necks... xD

-end rant-
Report Spam   Logged

The earth was without form and void, and darkness was upon the face of the deep; and the Spirit of God was moving over the face of the waters. And God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light.
Shadow Crusnik
The Fallen God

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2009, 06:33:52 pm »

Twilight will burn by my flame of hatred. Those books are horribale and the movies dont even get me started. The f'ing vampires sparkle!!!!!!!!. what the hell.

The books arent even right biologically. Freaking family freaks out cause she cuts her finger but she has been around them for months at this point and as im sure all us know women bleed once a month.

I cant even begin to explain my hatred for this. This world doesnt understand what a vampire trully is.
Report Spam   Logged

Even if the corpses pile up under my throne and my rivers flow crimson. I will not stop till I have reached my goal
Duama449

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2009, 07:59:33 pm »

haha wow these are actually a little more docile than I imagined. Honestly I've tread the whole series so I could give it a fightinging chance. Froma literally standpoint the imagery is very well done, but I stop my respect for the book right around there. I dont hate the whole pseudo romantic novel thing because I know it's not geared toward me, I'm not supposed to like it....I'm a sparkling vampire?....but what really has me annoyed is the sudden desire to become a vampires victim. Realistically a vampire would see us like cattle. And having sex with us would make about as much since as taking a late night romp in the sheets with slab of colby beef to them. If you were a pinnacle of strength, speed, and for all intensive purposes immortal, why would you want a human?
Report Spam   Logged

Dancing Artest kirby!!
   \\\\
<(0.0<)  

////
(>0.0)>
Lil Spawn
The Hellspawn from Heaven

Whoa...you a got a huge boogie right there...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2009, 09:00:57 pm »

I don't really care for vampires. Especially a virgin vampire who falls in love with human simply because he cannot read her like most females. UGH....But it's all about Lycans Wink I saw the first one and was like..."This is so gay..."(No offense to homosexuals). But I wanna see the second one simply because of the wolf transformations. And because I wanna see if Jake kicks Edwards ass(Edwards is just TOO emo). Go Lycans!  Thumbs-up
Report Spam   Logged

onyx_is_radiant
i reject your reality, and submit my own.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2009, 09:13:55 pm »

Gotta agree with Spawn...  Loopy Never thought I'd say that....

But yeah, I absolutely love the werewolves in the series. Best part of it! Some of the fighting was kickin' but, I threw my book at the wall when everything ended in a happy picture in Breaking Dawn... I swear, I did!

Also gotta agree that the fact that those vampires trashed Anne Rice's version, and made them look like whimps.. Ohhhhhhhhhh boy that made me angry! xD
Report Spam   Logged

The earth was without form and void, and darkness was upon the face of the deep; and the Spirit of God was moving over the face of the waters. And God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light.
Lil Spawn
The Hellspawn from Heaven

Whoa...you a got a huge boogie right there...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2009, 05:19:16 am »

Gotta agree with Spawn...  Loopy Never thought I'd say that....

Heyyy...what's that supposed to mean?...  Dead
Report Spam   Logged

Kadaj
καλλιχτι

It was ever thus...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2009, 02:29:21 pm »

I have ranted at length about the incredible lack of skill used in making this series, so I'm bit tired of the subject, but I will say this: a writer should never reference or compare great names in literature in her own works, specifically if they are novels. The excessive use of idioms should also be avoided. When creating a myth, make sure it lines up with the basic principals of nature. I have read all of the books at least twice, and they are the most sexist, worst written and above all illogical pieces of crap I have read.

As for the movies, the first was so badly done I would rather watch grass grow. That is no exaggeration. I may watch the second, but as far as I am concerned, all hope is lost for this franchise.
Report Spam   Logged

I hold you in the highest regard, my friends.

demon-fayt
"I find it kind of funny, i find it kind of sad; The dreams in which I'm dying are the best ive ever had..."

"The slower we move, the faster we die..."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2009, 10:32:37 am »

And that's all that need be said, friends.
Report Spam   Logged

Pro quis causa does vir diligo tamen ut certe certo sui suus satisfaction?

Click to view my Personality Profile page" border="0[/url]
Duama449

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2009, 11:35:56 am »

dude, that is the BEST poster I've ever seen. And now I just added it to my facebook!
Report Spam   Logged

Dancing Artest kirby!!
   \\\\
<(0.0<)  

////
(>0.0)>
HydingDeamon

Life's purple. And yummy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2009, 01:23:11 pm »

wow demon, you just about covered it perfect!!!! lol you just made my day
Report Spam   Logged
Kadri
.:: Empress of Yay ::.
Administrator

Shh... I'm invisible...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2009, 07:00:05 pm »

Stephen King said it, and I agree. Stephanie Meyer can't write worth a damn.

Bella is the biggest, most annoying Mary Sue ever to be published, and Edward is a vampire stalker with bi-polar tendencies. What in the HELL is everyone fangirling about?

Epic romance, my ass... Loopy

I borrowed a copy of the first movie (as if I would spend good money to watch it otherwise!) out of curiosity. It was so horrifyingly bad that I agree with Kadaj... I'd rather watch grass grow. I'm interested to see if the sequel will be equally awful. XD

As for Jacob being the saving grace of New Moon... in all honesty, after reading Breaking Dawn, I will never be able to see his character the same way again. He is forever branded in my mind as "pedowolf"...

I have read all of the books at least twice, and they are the most sexist, worst written and above all illogical pieces of crap I have read.

I love you. <3

By the way, here are a couple of videos for everyone's amusement.

Buffy vs. Edward (you will never believe the kind of internet drama this caused... XD)

Twilight Trailer Spoof

Report Spam   Logged

Discord Tag#5403

Welcome to the Idiots Convention. Would you like a free t-shirt?

Oh look, I found my original Neo-Anime signature... Ah, good times... XD

demon-fayt
"I find it kind of funny, i find it kind of sad; The dreams in which I'm dying are the best ive ever had..."

"The slower we move, the faster we die..."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2009, 07:30:09 pm »

"pedowolf"...

I feel a Meme coming on.....
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 07:30:28 pm by demon-fayt » Report Spam   Logged

Pro quis causa does vir diligo tamen ut certe certo sui suus satisfaction?

Click to view my Personality Profile page" border="0[/url]
Kadri
.:: Empress of Yay ::.
Administrator

Shh... I'm invisible...

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2009, 11:20:24 pm »

"pedowolf"...

I feel a Meme coming on.....

Hey, it's not a new concept...
Report Spam   Logged

Discord Tag#5403

Welcome to the Idiots Convention. Would you like a free t-shirt?

Oh look, I found my original Neo-Anime signature... Ah, good times... XD

Lynx_Gatomio
Pirate-Ninja

Likes tuna

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2009, 08:10:37 pm »

I've been told that these movies are good, but I can't bring myself to go watch them.  I'm more of a hardcore fan of the classics anyhow, I mean, a TEENAGE PRETTY BOY for a vampire?  Vampires are NOT good guys and I don't even know how they did the werewolves in these movies, but I'm willing to bet they messed it up (at least as far as my opinion is).  If you want to see vampires and werewolves as the classics they are, then go out and get the 1930's Dracula and and 1940's Wolf Man. To those who like these movies, hey, it's your choice, but if I were Bela Lugosi or Benicio Del Toro I would be spinning in my grave.
Report Spam   Logged

SCADODDLE!!!!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: