Neo-Anime Forums
Neo-Anime Forums
March 28, 2024, 07:14:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Gallery Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

New moon (by proxy the twilight saga)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New moon (by proxy the twilight saga)  (Read 518 times)
Kadaj
καλλιχτι

It was ever thus...

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2009, 11:59:15 pm »

I've been told that these movies are good, but I can't bring myself to go watch them.  I'm more of a hardcore fan of the classics anyhow, I mean, a TEENAGE PRETTY BOY for a vampire?  Vampires are NOT good guys and I don't even know how they did the werewolves in these movies, but I'm willing to bet they messed it up (at least as far as my opinion is).  If you want to see vampires and werewolves as the classics they are, then go out and get the 1930's Dracula and and 1940's Wolf Man. To those who like these movies, hey, it's your choice, but if I were Bela Lugosi or Benicio Del Toro I would be spinning in my grave.
Poor Legosi... He will be sorely missed. He was Klaus Kinski's successor, though, so his cred as a classic is somewhat tarnished.
Report Spam   Logged

I hold you in the highest regard, my friends.

Seiten Taisei
Alter Egos? Naw... Maybe... >>

It can't rain all the time.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2009, 11:23:17 pm »

I will quote my little rant I have made on my DA account.

I, myself, love to write, much like some of you. I find it highly disrespectful for Twilight Fan accusing my blood thirst, gore filled, scientific nosferatu experiment short story (might post it on here) as a rip off of Twilight. Not only that, it is also disrespectful when the fans of Twilight believe they are perfect and better then everyone else. I have also seen a noticeable change in the teenage female population who have dyed their hair brown and had the same haircut and style as “Bella”. Have any of you noticed this?

Let us not forget the nagging from the fans and like the ones who randomly posted on here the sayings on how we, us normal people, are cruel to this author… no, she shouldn’t be called that… This Mormon Wench (I apologies to those who are). Oh and apparently, this has yet to be mentioned, she is forcing a religion on people in her fan base, with out seemingly knowing it. Average girl manages to get the “most perfect guy” gets married as soon a possible and has a kid! Which doesn’t make sense… Vampires are dead. They cannot pass on any genetic traits nor can they produce like rabbits. Oh my, I digressed, forgive me, back to the annoying fans…

I enjoy parading around in my shirt that say, “Team Alucard”. For those who don’t know, Alucard is a bad ass, blood thirsty, vampire from a Dark Horse Comic called Hellsing, they also made it into an Anime. Why do I enjoy this? It pisses of the fan because they do not know who Alucard is. Pisses them off more when I where my “I hate twilight” pin with the shirt, it truly makes me feel warm inside… But you have to watch so of those fans, friend of mine has her co-work (caught on film) scratching on her car something about she is a bitch that need to learn her lesson and Twilight equals to life itself. I don’t remember much about it, it was a couple of years ago when it happened.

Now more towards the mindless maniac that apparently wrote this mess on paper; look at all the trees she killed! Damn near half of the rain forest is gone because of her, I wonder if she realizes this. I also dislike the use of self-insert formats that she so loves in all of her books. I don’t mind first person point of views, because they are easy reading once in a while, and not overly done. Some authors write better this way then in the standard third person and vise versa. Some even like to switch it out everyone and a while or use a different pen name, that I like, but Meyers… I believe all of us who has read or forced to read the waste of paper, loss an ample amount of brain cells and cause IQ levels to drop drastically.

As many have said before, her plot is so basic that makes me want to gouge my eyes out is a plastic spoon. Along with the said plot holes, dead ends, mismanaged idea, and “convenient” last minute saving the day crap is a total waste of time. With this, I might upgrade to a plastic Spork….

Forgive me on the length of this little rant and I hope you all enjoyed this.

Before I end this topic, I am going to point out some Plot Holes that I have mention above.
>How about the fact that the meyerpires go crazy over a paper cut, but somehow don't go on a killing spree when a girl has her monthly gift. Or what about the birth scene with all that blood, why didn't all the Cullen’s snap then?

>And then there's Nessie. The plot holes! First, Meyer breaks her own universe's rules to make Nessie (It had been previously stated that vampires couldn't have babies. Also, 24 chromosomes = horrible deformities, not magical powers! Then, of course, Edward can't make babies, a.) He’s too cold and b.) According to Meyer, vampires only have venom.

>Besides, there's the whole thing about the vampires being mary-sues and gary-stus. Meyer says that they developed that way to survive, but they're so indestructible that even ugly vampires could survive just fine, so there'd be no reason to become so flawlessly attractive.

>And then there's Edward, do you really think a 17-year-old boy could remain a virgin for 100 years? Really?

>Oh and then there's Bella's fear of blood. It only appears once as a pointless plot device in the first book and disappears afterwards. Normally if someone had that big of a problem with blood, they'd have a problem with all the injuries that Bella gets and the whole becoming a vampire and drinking blood thing.

>Also Bella claims to be "part-albino" which is impossible due to it being recessive and not co dominant therefore you are either albino, or you're not.

>When Edward was explaining about Carlisle's past, he said that there were vampires living in London's sewers. London didn't have sewers in the 1700s! Meyer needs to do her research.

>Twenty-three chromosomes and twenty-five chromosomes DO NOT make twenty-four. It is completely impossible for Bella to have conceived Nessie.

>Jake's "best genetic match" to "pass along the werewolf gene" is a half vampire hybrid? Sure, mortal enemies are ALWAYS the best matches...

>Alice saw the Volturi clash, even though Jake was involved? What happened to not being able to see the werewolves?

> Then, of course there's Bella's "laid-back" and "intelligent" personality. She describes herself that way, but she constantly bashes people who aren't super duper perfect meyerpires or magical werewolves. Before Jake became a werewolf, Bella only used him to get information on Edward, yep, real laid back and considerate. Then of course, is the intelligence thing? In what universe is Bella intelligent? She repeatedly tries to kill herself just for a guy's attention. Not. Smart.
Report Spam   Logged

Duama449
*narrows eyes* Read my sign!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2009, 06:48:26 am »

Iwas wondering if anyone else saw all those plot holes besides me breaking dawn pretty much was nothing but plotholes. And the thing that ticks me off the most is the "werewolves" I'm sick of twi-hards calling Jacob a werewolf. Aro said himself that his family are shapeshifters that just happened to choose wolves. And the vampires...why do they even sparkle? Apprently they're true selves that are revealed in the sun are walkin disco mirror balls. Of course it'd be rediculous to actually look like a vampire when you're a vampire. 
Report Spam   Logged

Dancing Artest kirby!!
   \\\\
<(0.0<)  

////
(>0.0)>

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: