Neo-Anime Forums
Neo-Anime Forums
April 15, 2024, 11:39:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Gallery Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

I need criticism

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I need criticism  (Read 3354 times)
Munky
spazz

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« on: December 25, 2009, 03:06:00 am »

yeh, explains the reason i'll post any peice of art here. present my stuff to my little inner circle of ppl i trust first, then to the public.

ANYhoo

these are the main characters of this comic i'm workin on. cookin together a teaser poster that shows all four of em counting off. the fourth, or rather 3rd guy is missing. haven't finished him yet Dead

need help on backgrounds. i slapped gradients on them jus for the sake of not having a blank background when i show em to ppl. was gonna combine em all together side by side in a cool little tri-fold...or qaud-fold...w.e.  after lookin at the gradients, i'm started feelin the purple on the first one. sorta got him figured out already. was gonnna warp it into purple n purpleish blue clouds then slap arabic writting over it. not sure if i wanna do something kool and random for each center fold, or make one basic background with a nice texture then apply to all like i planned. help me .

also, the drawings themselves aren't quite finished. still some brushing up i need to do with em. if anything about the art style bothers u, let me noe.

btw. the comic is called "lamp tales".  cant wait to show it to the public.

and this is jus somethin i did to pass the time. was thinkin about goin back and cleaning it up, idk, actually give it a background *shrugs*.

i'll probably post some more random stuff whenever i'm stumped about about something.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Duama449
*narrows eyes* Read my sign!

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2009, 03:07:07 pm »

I think the gradients work great as a background, and the different colors all enhance the fact that they're different people with different personalities.

the purple gradient of john screams entitlement and a stuck up nature of rich dude or a hipster.

paul's clothes and calming gradient give you a real sense of a laid back individual that is comfortable with himself, real voice of reason.

and teddy....oh boy. his body language and color scheme say everthing about a fiery personality. Posssible comic relief, slcker friend, or jackass friend that all the other friends barely tolerate.

see there? I just took a look at all that and drew these conclusions! But then again I am an art major. Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Dancing Artest kirby!!
   \\\\
<(0.0<)  

////
(>0.0)>
Munky
spazz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2009, 05:51:28 pm »

hmm..i highly doubt i'll be keeping the gradients as they are. probably keep the colors, then jus add alot of stuff to warp the gradients.

as far as your "psycho analysis", i'd say you pretty much nailed all of em except the first guy. he's not stuck up at all, I'd say he's hands down the most positve/humble character I've ever created. not to say he's a pansy or anything, but he just has really good morals and is full of life. tho purple is suppose to = royalty, so i see how u can get the entitlement deal. jus means i need to be  more careful with the way i depict him.

sense i DONT have to go to work today (for once), i guess i'll knock out the 4th main character today. easier to give me feedback when you have all the pieces.
Report Spam   Logged
Duama449
*narrows eyes* Read my sign!

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2009, 06:19:56 pm »

looking forward to it munkster. Maybe you can add an Item to the background and tile the image. Ya know something that represents what the character's like. Like a guitar if theyre musicians or a soccerball if they love soccer.
Report Spam   Logged

Dancing Artest kirby!!
   \\\\
<(0.0<)  

////
(>0.0)>
Munky
spazz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009, 11:45:40 pm »

remember getting into a convo a while back, "if you were ken doll who would you try to get with?" they all clung to those baby prostitutes called the "bratz" dolls. idk about them but, if I was a ken action figure....

I'd DEFIANTLY try to talk to betty spaghetty. shit...my imagination knows no bounds, I'd bend her into shapes that don't even exist Love

ok, i know i SAID I was gonna finish up the 4th character and post it up last night but....instead i did this Sad

gotta admit tho....this is WAAAAY funnier Evil
Report Spam   Logged
Kylii Kyfirus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2010, 03:52:14 pm »

I can't wait to see Ringo. And their other characters. You already know my critique and such. Can't wait to see it.

<3
Report Spam   Logged

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!" - Auron
Munky
spazz

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2010, 04:38:23 pm »

Just some shit I doodles up for fun during my freshman yr. Shi-dudes art page made me remember we can post art on this site. hope you guys get a laugh off of these, noe i did. guess I'll post some of my more anime influenced art later. btw. the first pic is a collage of my high school doodles. and the doodles on my notes are from my freshman yr at UH. haha. I had more doodles than notes on my work
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 04:40:36 pm by Munky » Report Spam   Logged
Xira
Uncia

Be careful, I bite.

View Profile WWW
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2010, 03:11:55 pm »

Lol, YES! Carmen and Waldo would be perfect for each other. And that line was just so funny. XDD

I really like your art style Munky. It's very comic like (and normally I'm not fond of that style) but I like the way you executed it. Sadly, I couldn't see the first four characters (the images aren't working) but I like the guy in the purple hoodie. Your drawings have a lot of personality behind them and that's rare thing to see. I can't wait to see more.
Report Spam   Logged

Kadri
.:: Empress of Yay ::.
Administrator

Shh... I'm invisible...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2010, 03:16:04 pm »

Captain Planet versus BP!! Win!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Discord Tag#5403

Welcome to the Idiots Convention. Would you like a free t-shirt?

Oh look, I found my original Neo-Anime signature... Ah, good times... XD

Munky
spazz

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2010, 01:59:55 pm »

thanks, i can pretty much switch up my style to w.e depending on what i'm doing and what mood I'm in. and the 4 characters up there that aren't showing were just rough drafts I posted months ago. I'll post finished versions later.

unfinished notebook cover i'm workin on. and before you even ask, those are fruit sprouting from her hair.
Report Spam   Logged
Munky
spazz

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2010, 03:08:06 pm »

he starts...

he perseveres...

he procrastinates...

Dead Dead Dead Dead Dead Dead Dead Dead

tried to finish it the weekend before class started. i failed. no tellin when and if i'll finish it. he's a comic character, "john", who i plan on letting see the light of day....eventually.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 03:09:36 pm by Munky » Report Spam   Logged
Kadri
Administrator

Shh... I'm invisible...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2010, 11:18:04 pm »

he procrastinates...

Dead Dead Dead Dead Dead Dead Dead Dead

tried to finish it the weekend before class started. i failed. no tellin when and if i'll finish it.

Ha ha... I completely know how you feel right now. I have two pieces of prize art that I owe for people on deviantART that are "almost" done... and 3-4 halfway decent sketches that I need to turn into full-fledged drawings.

But now that school has started... Roll Eyes

Anyway, I love what you've got so far for John. It looks like you're around the halfway mark (unless you were planning to add in a super complicated background, too)... so make yourself sit down first chance you get--before the professors bury you too far underneath all that homework and whatnot--and finish it!! XD

Same thing goes for the unfinished notebook cover, if it's still a WIP too. I really like that one... it's very creative. ^^
Report Spam   Logged

Discord Tag#5403

Munky
spazz

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2010, 03:53:06 pm »

work in progress....

no, i haven't forgot about the OC drawings of my NA fam. just something I was doodling whle working on Xira.
Report Spam   Logged
Kadri
Administrator

Shh... I'm invisible...

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2010, 11:52:40 am »

Damn, Munky... you have got to finish some of these WIPs. I'm dying to see the finished products. >.<;

Also, that last one--very cute so far. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Discord Tag#5403

Munky
spazz

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2010, 10:03:25 pm »

This time I'm really goin off-- FIREWORKS
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 10:03:50 pm by Munky » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: