Neo-Anime Forums
Neo-Anime Forums
April 19, 2024, 03:50:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Gallery Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Brotherhood?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brotherhood?  (Read 563 times)
th31r1shguy
(self proclaimed) King of the Short Posts

not to be confused with th4t1r1shguy

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« on: February 12, 2010, 07:28:36 pm »

Now I don't watch alot of different animes, so when I saw some new Full metal episodes posted on narutowire I was prity excited.  But as I was watching I noticed somthing..... they're changing almost everything!  I mean seriously, Al can do the clap-transmutation thing, there's a whole other nation of chinese alchemists now, and homunculi aren't made by human transmutation anymore!!!!! 

Theres still stuff I like about the new story, like Hoenheim's history and the depth they're putting into ishval, but I still miss the good ol' days when ya needed a homunculus' bones to kill them.  It made things interesting.  Now they're like cats... and that's annoying.  What do you guys think?

If you have no idea what I'm talking about... here ya go.
http://www.nwanime.com/1346/Full-Metal-Alchemist:-Brotherhood
Report Spam   Logged

Shit Happens

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Duama449
*narrows eyes* Read my sign!

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 09:20:34 pm »

Haha Well actually thats because full metal alchemist: brotherhood's plot word for word is based off the manga instead of the anime. In the manga al does eventually transmute without a circle after after he regains his memory of going through the gate, the homunculi have their father who created them from his own personal sins, and the chinese people are the xingese whose alchemy is completely different from the elrics and works with the natural flow of the planet and can even heal people to an extent. In truth its the original anime  that is so far off from the manga that i actually prefer the manga to it. Think of it like all the tenchi muyo rewrites. Different from the original story but by no means bad.
Report Spam   Logged

Dancing Artest kirby!!
   \\\\
<(0.0<)  

////
(>0.0)>
th31r1shguy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 02:05:43 pm »

Hold on a second, was the origional anime based on a manga?
Report Spam   Logged

Shit Happens
Duama449

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 11:01:06 pm »

Not at all, Sure its the same main characters but the anime was more of a spinoff/ alt story line to gain more exposure for the shonen jump manga. Eventually mangas branch away from the animes in a lot of ways because mangas go much farther creating hundreds of chapters where animes only go about 20-30 eps, twice that if its a small hit. Then there's more minute differenceslike char devolpment. For instance scar is an ishbalan warrior monk, older than in the anime and portrayed as a much colder person. Showing no remorse and being less of a sympathetic char. And ed actually shows  signs of growing thru the manga! No folks he's not a midget after all, he even gets taller than winry. Also the homunculi's powers are further expanded on. Trust me if you read the manga from the beginning you'll understand.
Report Spam   Logged

Dancing Artest kirby!!
   \\\\
<(0.0<)  

////
(>0.0)>
Xira
Uncia

Be careful, I bite.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 11:16:36 pm »

I'm actually not very fond of the FMA manga at all. It feels like the writer was just pulling things out of his ass as he went along. I tried reading it way back when but it actually really frustrated me. Then again, I sadly don't read much manga anymore because I prefer to have a hard copy if anything and have no money for books. I may try watching the anime see if I can tolerate it once it's out in dub. I'm a die hard Vic fan. ^^
Report Spam   Logged

Shadow Crusnik
The Fallen God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 11:49:07 pm »

yeah i am going to go and read the manga then watch brotherhood, although duama you said that brotherhood was exactly like the manga? im wondering when the two start to get similar cause i watched the first episode of brotherhood and started the manga and so far the manga is like the full metal i watched.
Report Spam   Logged

Even if the corpses pile up under my throne and my rivers flow crimson. I will not stop till I have reached my goal
Duama449

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 01:21:05 am »

Spoilers alert

they get similar more as the characters start to get introduced, it'll be subtle things like "Hey scar looks older" and "uh that's pride not wrath," then you'll be like "Wait who's that guy and why does he live with the homunculi?!" most of the core of what made the characters we love themselves is still there, it's just interesting to see how the story branches of and changes from what we all interpret to be cold hard fact of the matter, the manga also explores the possibilities of good chimera other than who serve greed making a few badass ones main chars. If you get angry at the fact that certain details change like scar managing to control more than just the destruction of alchemy and not whining about how he never wanted this for himself then it isn't something I recommend for you. But then again we never really had a problem with the tenchi Muyo series doing it. And they changed the way Tenchi met each girl like 3 frickin' times.
Report Spam   Logged

Dancing Artest kirby!!
   \\\\
<(0.0<)  

////
(>0.0)>
ValkyrieOfDreams
Dream-Weaver

Innocent but deadly...

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 06:24:30 pm »

Sheesh...I'm way outta the loop here. However I did watch FMA when I was younger and loved it. I would sneak to stay up to watch it. So to hear there's more to the story out, I am enthused.
Report Spam   Logged

I am the one you fear at night. I can give you beautiful dreams...or I can give you nightmares. Which would you prefer?
th31r1shguy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 06:35:30 pm »

its more of a diffeent story completely than just more story
Report Spam   Logged

Shit Happens
ValkyrieOfDreams
Dream-Weaver

Innocent but deadly...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2010, 10:07:25 pm »

Regardless its still more story to come out so I am very excited to see it. I shall decide if it is worthy or not. Me and my lovely Neo family. Lol
Report Spam   Logged

I am the one you fear at night. I can give you beautiful dreams...or I can give you nightmares. Which would you prefer?
th31r1shguy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2010, 10:24:36 pm »

lol, alright.  it's getting pretty crazy now.  A little annoying, but crazy
Report Spam   Logged

Shit Happens
Duama449

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2010, 02:18:17 pm »

like i said before, if you end up hating it never pick up the manga because excluding extra chars like the ice alchemist. the Manga is pretty mush the same plot. But I agree with Val. When you truly love a series you love the series. That fact that they change up the main plots a bit shouldnt change your love because essentially its the chars you love in a differnt type of setting. That's why tenchi Muyo was always so loved and still is.
Report Spam   Logged

Dancing Artest kirby!!
   \\\\
<(0.0<)  

////
(>0.0)>
ValkyrieOfDreams
Dream-Weaver

Innocent but deadly...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2010, 03:48:51 pm »

OMG!!! Tenchi Muyo was my lover when I was young. It was on the International Channel and I would watch that too!!! OMG....I would hate it when it was over. Damn it. Anyways, let's stay on FMA for the thread. Another thread will soon be made for Tenchi Muyo. Lol
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: