Neo-Anime Forums
Neo-Anime Forums
August 21, 2018, 12:39:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Gallery Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

A Tale Untold (pokemon rp)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 39   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Tale Untold (pokemon rp)  (Read 2938 times)
Xira
Uncia

Be careful, I bite.

View Profile WWW
« on: June 11, 2010, 12:48:17 am »

Now Recruiting

((This rp is also on another site, but I thought it would be cool here too))

A long time ago, Pokemon and humans were equal. Not just friends or companions. They were truly equal. Some even say that the two races were indistinguishable from one another.

Do you think that this applies to Legendary Pokemon too? The all-powerful and rare creatures that many dream of but only a few actually reach? Yes, the Legendaries were intertwined with human life just as much as the others. A long time ago, they had no need to hide. No one was after their power, and thus, they freely shared their presence with everyone.

In fact, some Legendaries shared a special connection with some humans...

To balance the overwhelming power that Pokemon had, the Legendaries had decided to bond with a select few people. The relationship between them and the Priests, as they were called, were deeper than the average friendship. They were each other... they were forever connected... they were the ultimate link between Pokemon and humans.

But even Legendary Pokemon have their flaws. Though most were content with this covenant, there came a time when some felt that their power shouldn't be shared. In fact, they were determined that Pokemon should rule the world, and the very human race should be destroyed.

With their existence at stake, humans fought. With their future at stake, Pokemon fought. This is how the battle began...

tldr; Way before the present Pokemon, humans and Pokemon lived in perfect harmony. Some Legendaries even bonded with some humans, called Priests, to balance the power. But some Legendaries wanted Pokemon to rule the world, and so there was an epic battle that is this roleplay.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 12:56:12 am by Xira » Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

Xira
Uncia

Be careful, I bite.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 12:50:10 am »

An even better explanation of what's going on

The world of Pokemon at this point isn't as high-tech as in the games or anime. In fact, it's downright medieval. No big cities, no Pokeballs, no cheap healing items that can be purchased. Just lots of nature. Think of it as InuYasha or Avatar with Pokemon.

This means that Pokemon and humans share a naturally closer bond. Humans need Pokemon for transportation, farming, building, and dare I say it, food. In return, Pokemon have shelter, protection, and nourishment. Since there are no Pokeballs of any sort, they are always following their human around. And it would be cumbersome to have more than two of them around at a time, so there is no 'gotta catch'em all'. There are still Pokemon battles but it's more for sparring and practice purposes. Or if you're a wild Pokemon, for survival.

What about them Priests?

Priests are humans that have been bonded with Legendary. They're usually chosen at a young age, for purity in intent. The legendary Pokemon is also young when a Priest is chosen, so their powers can grow together.

Legendary Pokemon retain all their powers, abilities, and attacks. They are not weakened in any form by the bond. The priest, however, gain a multitude of things from it.

They can preform the attacks of their bonded Pokemon, along with any natural ability or power. But the more they reach into the superhuman, the more they tire out. The human body can only take so much. And they also have any weaknesses the Pokemon may have.

They share a empathetic connection with each other. They know what the other is thinking, feeling, and doing. Legendary Pokemon can also talk to others via telepathy. The Priests cannot talk to other Pokemon unless through their Legendary.

And their most wondrous thing... their ability to 'mindshare'. One of the two, Pokemon or Priest, can move their presence to the other and move as one. So they can become either the Pokemon or the human. The body of the other being is still around, in a coma-like state, and in danger to attack. A mindshare cannot be broken by an outside force, but they can feel what is happening to the other body. If either of the body dies, so does the other, and both minds are lost to death.

Priests on the human's side are still their own individual. But the Legendaries that want to eradicate humans have found a way to force themselves onto their Priest. They can control the human body like a puppet through mindsharing, and bend them to their will with their powers outside of mindsharing.

Oh, and some rules about the RP in general

1. Don't god-mod, as in take control of other people's characters (obviously). Glory-hogging isn't nice either.
2. You may play a max of one Priest and one other character (Trainer or wild Pokemon).
3. There is only one Priest per type of Legendary, first come first serve. Don't complain about it please.
4. Be nice.
5. Keep it PG-13. I don't mind romance or violence or swearing but no squicky stuff, gore, or f-bombs flying all over the place.
6. This is a SEMI-LITERATE roleplay. Don't type in chatspeak. And I'd prefer if you put some decent effort, especially if you're playing a Priest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
World Information
~World Map~
~City Information~
Citys are run by one head family of Lords/Ladies with a couple of other aristocratic families under them (who occasionally vie with the head family for control of the city) and function very much like city-states. Little villages are run by the nearest major city.

~Specific City Information~
Ronzino:
Major center of trade and generally neutral in just about everything (Switzerland). Also known for it's schools and superior system of education.

Vertan:
One of the three major farming cities, specializing in fruits in particular. In the last five years relations between Vertan and Karesh's rulers have become tense due to an arranged marriage gone wrong between the Karesh Lord's son and the Daughter of the Vertan lord.

Antev:
Home to a guild of alchemists and leading source of medicines through out the land. Due to a need of their products in recent years Antev is well liked by every city.

Galvis:
Leading military power. Galvis will often hire out groups of soldiers to other lords for the right price. Galvis is on very good terms with Karesh, thus making them a bit at odds with Vertan.

Tellandri:
One of the two major fishing ports. Being so far removed from the other cities Tellandri is quite self sufficient, and has minimal relation with the other cities, with the exception of medicines from Antev.

Jhove:
Second of the three farming cities, Jhove's specialty is vegetables. Have good relations with Mejiore and Vertan.

Letona:
Second fishing town. Being closest to Tellandri the two Lords have good relations. Letona has grown tense with the increased military presence Galvis has been amassing over the past years. Relations between them are very tense.

Mejiore:
Third farming town. Focuses on growing both fruits and vegetables to make up for the extra demand that Vertan and Jhove could not supply. A lot of other cities aren't too thrilled with having Mejiore be recognized as a city (was recently recognized, within the past fifteen years).

Karesh: Major supplier of ore, gems and fossil fuels. Major weapon supplier to Galvis, a lot of the more ambitious lords would love to conquer this city to gain control of it's resources. Tense relations with Vertan, and a sterling relation with Galvis.

~Important Organizations~
Blacksmith's Guild
Headquarters: Karesh
Older members of this guild are responsible for serving as mentors and masters to the young apprentices. Once the apprentices complete their training they are tested and then either declined and demoted back to apprentice or accepted and signed on as a full member of the guild. Young initiates are often responsible for taking contracts which involve travel to other cities.
Rank in the guild is determined entirely by skill. Every five years a test is held to determine where a person's rank in the guild is. The test consists of smithing anything you like, and the ranking of your work is based on quality, durability, functionality, impressiveness, and aesthetics.

Alchemic Association
Headquarters: Antev
Training and initiation into the Association function in an almost identical fashion to the blacksmith's guild. The differences come in that guild members rarely ever travel to distribute their product. Instead they have outposts of sorts, one in each city. At these outposts is an attendant (often someone who failed the initiation tests) and one or two Abra. The afflicted will give a letter to the attendant detailing the affliction and the attendant will send it to Antev with the Abra, which with then return as soon as the remedy is ready.
Ranking in the guild is determined based on age and reputation, which is determined by your alchemic accomplishments within the guild and how many successful cures you have sent out.

Historian Society
Headquarters: Ronzino
A small guild charged with record keeping and maintaining the historical documents of all of the major cities. Also in charge of running the Etherial Acadamy, most renowned education facility on the continent.

Growers Union
Headquarters: Vertan
Much less organized than the other three guilds the growers association consists of people from Mejiore, Vertan and Letona, and focuses mainly on dictating which crops will take priority for the year based on the demand of the other cities from previous years. The association meets once a year, before the summer planting season, at the Vertan head quarters to discuss these matters.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 04:12:00 pm by Xira » Report Spam   Logged

Xira
Uncia

Be careful, I bite.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 12:53:56 am »

Legendaries and What's taken:
Articuno - Taken by Ryoten
Zapdos
Moltres - Taken by Irish
Mew - Taken by Shadow
Raikou - Taken by Irish
Entei - Taken by Kadri
Suicune - Taken by Valkyrie
Lugia- Taken by Xira
Ho-oh
Celebi - Taken by Shi
Regirock
Regice
Registeel
Latios - Taken by Irish
Latias
Kyogre
Groundon
Rayquaza - Taken by Duama
Jirachi
Deoxys
Uxie
Azelf
Mespirit
Dialga
Palkia
Giratina
Darkrai - Taken by Veraledy
Cresselia
Shaymin
Heatran - Taken by Irish
Regigigas
Manaphy

Mewtwo is not on this list because it's man-made, and wouldn't exist in this time period. Arceus isn't on here because it's a GOD Pokemon and wouldn't need to take a Priest. Phione and Rotom aren't on this list because they aren't good enough to be Legendaries.

Priest Form
Username:
Name:
Bonded to: (Type something about the Legendary here too if you'd like)

Appearance: (Pic or description is fine, keep in mind the time period when choosing clothes)

Personality: (At least a couple sentences)

Background: (At least a couple sentences)

Other Pokemon: (A Priest is allowed to have one other Pokemon as a companion, but the Legendary comes first so it shouldn't be anywhere as powerful as it)

Side: (Human, Pokemon, or Neutral?)

Trainer Form:
Username:
Name:

Appearance: (Pic or description is fine, keep in mind the time period when choosing clothes)

Pokemon: (Humans can only have two Pokemon, three if they're small and easy to take care of)

Pokemon form: (If you want to play a Legendary without a bond then you'll have to choose a Legendary that isn't taken, and you can only play one Legendary)
Username:
Name:
Appearance: (Normal appearance is fine)

« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 12:36:27 am by Kadri » Report Spam   Logged

Xira
Uncia

Be careful, I bite.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 12:56:57 am »

Alright, I'll start off by making my character.

Username: Xira
Name: Kari
Bonded to: Lugia
Appearance:

Personality: Kari's emotions are generally pretty flat. She doesn't get terribly angry, or excited. Her emotions are more subtle. A smile here and there, and the miffed female's "look of death" are two examples. She's most at peace when she's in the water. So that's where she'll go to try and calm herself down.

Background: Kari was born to a family of wanderers one day in early fall. At the age of three her family had stopped by a beach village to trade for supplies and such. During the afternoon when her parents were in town she crawled down to the beach to play with the pretty shells. While she was out there the tide came in. She crawled onto a rock and started to cry. It was then that a blue head came out of the water and Kari bonded with Lugia. The pokemon took her back to shore and followed Kari home. When her parents found out what had happened they were shocked and some what angry. Her parents were fearful of pokemon and wouldn't stand for having one in their home. So during the night while Kari was asleep her parents sadly packed up what they needed and left. The following afternoon, a middle aged woman came to the place where Kari's family had left her. It seems her parents had placed an order for some sacks of grain and had never some to get them. The woman found Kari and took her and Lugia in. Now she lives with her new mother and father in a small beach side home.

Other Pokemon: none

Side: neutral.
Report Spam   Logged

Shadow Crusnik
The Fallen God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 11:52:21 am »

Username:Shadow Crusnik
Name: Jacob
Bonded to: Mew

Appearance:

Personality: He is actually a caring person even though he seems harsh because of how honest he is. He doesn't do well around people and is actually kind of timid if just talking.

Background: Jacob was cast aside as a child because his family had to many children. That is when he was found by mew. Mew took him in and the grew up together out in the wild. Jacob never really knew about humans and civilization until him and mew cam across a town. Everyone there looked at him in fear because of how dirty and wild he looked, but infact he was scared of the people. Him and mew left soon enough. And went back out to the wild. He soon realised what he was and decided to go out and learn. He left the wild at the age of 13 with what little he knew from what the pokemon taught him. This is when one of the pokemon that had been with him for as long as he could remember came with him and mew, That was nintails. Jacob found an old man who lived off alone because of how sick of the humans he was for how they had treated the pokemon in the village he once lived in. It was here that this man taught Jacob everything he knows now about how to act civilized and to deal with people. Now Jacob travels with Mew and Ninetails trying to help both pokemon and humans live together in peace.

Other Pokemon: Ninetails

Side: Neutral
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 10:30:33 pm by Shadow Crusnik » Report Spam   Logged

Even if the corpses pile up under my throne and my rivers flow crimson. I will not stop till I have reached my goal
ValkyrieOfDreams
Dream-Weaver

Innocent but deadly...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 02:04:21 pm »

OMFG!!!! I saw Suicune and I must have him/her. I have always LOVED this Pokemon! MINE! Just gimme a little bit to gather all of my info. I gotta pick people up that are spending the night. Lol so I should have this up and details on my other RP idea by tonight
Report Spam   Logged

I am the one you fear at night. I can give you beautiful dreams...or I can give you nightmares. Which would you prefer?
th31r1shguy
(self proclaimed) King of the Short Posts

not to be confused with th4t1r1shguy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 02:56:26 pm »

Calling dibbs on Raikou
Report Spam   Logged

Shit Happens
Kadri
.:: Empress of Yay ::.
Administrator

Shh... I'm invisible...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2010, 03:18:14 pm »

I call dibs on Entei!!!

I'll post a bio for my character later today/tomorrow. Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Welcome to the Idiots Convention. Would you like a free t-shirt?

Oh look, I found my original Neo-Anime signature... Ah, good times... XD

Xira
Uncia

Be careful, I bite.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2010, 03:19:36 pm »

Okay, got you guys down. Just post your characters when you have time.  Thumbs-up
Report Spam   Logged

th31r1shguy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2010, 08:24:49 am »

yess! we've got all 3 legendary dogs.  just wouldn't be the same without em

Username: th31r1shguy
Name: Raikou (sometimes called Rai)

Appearance:

Personality: Wise, but very volatile.  Uses his superior power to threaten the other pokemon if they step out of line, and to protect them from any situation.  He's very stubborn, and does not lose.

Background: Raikou, at some point in his past, had a bonded priest.  Although nobody remembers who it was, he is rumored to be among the most powerful priests in history, and it is common knowledge that Raikou fought against his priest for control of their mindshare.  They fought to a draw, mortally wounding one another.  After the battle, Raikou's priest disapeared into hiding, and Raikou returned to the wild. 

Side: Pokemon
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 12:06:17 pm by th31r1shguy » Report Spam   Logged

Shit Happens
Xira
Uncia

Be careful, I bite.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2010, 05:55:16 pm »

Ooh, so irish, is a rogue legendary huh? This'll be fun. ^^
Report Spam   Logged

ValkyrieOfDreams
Dream-Weaver

Innocent but deadly...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2010, 09:00:06 pm »

Irish is always wanting to be different I suppose. lol no offense, buddy. Anyhoo, I have a couple of pics that I'll use, just gimme some time to come up with a bio and I'll be good as gravy. Or a popsicle.  Angel
Report Spam   Logged

I am the one you fear at night. I can give you beautiful dreams...or I can give you nightmares. Which would you prefer?
th31r1shguy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2010, 10:01:00 pm »

Lol, there's a method to my madness.  Y'all are always the same... I have to be different
Report Spam   Logged

Shit Happens
Duama449
*narrows eyes* Read my sign!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2010, 07:16:52 am »

Okay we have Irish as a rogue legendary, I think I want to work the dark priest angle.

Username: Duama449
Name: Duama Cross
Bonded to: Rayquaza

Appearance:
Personality: sarcastic and cool duama is never above insulting his enemy in a fight. He preys on the hotheaded tendencies of humans to take advantage of their mistakes.
Background: Seeing the ugly side of humanity for years Duama has come to hate humans; believing them to be at their core selfish and two faced due to the fact humans always try to spin their actions to make themselves "the good guys." The city of Karesh, where he was raised, is a cess pool of corruption and crime that only had one thing in common, an undying respect for Rayquaza, whom they heralded akin to a god. Rayquaza came to feel contempt for the townsfolk except for Duama. Coming to appreciate Duama's understanding of "true" human nature.
Other Pokemon: Absol

Side: neutral (definitely not human)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 09:01:36 am by Duama449 » Report Spam   Logged

Dancing Artest kirby!!
   \\\\
<(0.0<)  

////
(>0.0)>
Veraledy
Figment of the World's Imagination

Cirque du Belladone

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2010, 08:00:55 pm »

I'm calling dibs on Darkrai. >: ]
Report Spam   Logged

"Walker in Darkness, from whose face earth and heaven long ago fled." Truant, House of Leaves

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 39   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: