Neo-Anime Forums
Neo-Anime Forums
February 17, 2018, 05:30:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Gallery Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

A Tale Untold

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Tale Untold  (Read 4112 times)
Xira
Uncia

Be careful, I bite.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #690 on: June 20, 2011, 11:12:57 pm »

Kari and Lugia followed to the designated duel spot. Lugia badly wanted to step in and show some muscle. It didn't appreciate seeing Kari in a position to be hurt or frightened. Raikou's impressive roar was a stunning start to the bout, Kari however was intimidated by this, and had fire not exploded behind her, would have back away into the forest and striven to disappear. Lugia wasn't phased so much by the fire, but was made discomforted by the electricity. It mentally prodded Kari, prompting her to adopt a brave face. "We're here because it's safe!" She shouted across to him over the roar and crackle of the fire.

Kari wasn't sure what to do, if she climbed on Lugia's back and took to the skies Raikou's electricity could take them both down without much trouble. At least on the ground they had more time and could attempt to dodge. Lugia took initiative and used Future Sight on Raikou. Kari was beginning to feel frantic and overloaded. With another gentle prodding from Lugia, she held on to herself long enough to use Calm Mind. She took a steady breath, feeling much better, then began tentatively moving to her left, away from Lugia.
Report Spam   Logged

th31r1shguy
(self proclaimed) King of the Short Posts

not to be confused with th4t1r1shguy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #691 on: June 20, 2011, 11:25:51 pm »

Raikou dashed forward, leaping into the air between Kari and Lugia.  "You really think THIS is safe?" Raikou roared.  He gathered energy and attacked both of his opponents with an electrical field, a Discharge attack.  Raikou landed on the ground before the forest.  "There's a maniac on the loose that can absorb legendary pokemon.  Putting his already fantastic power aside, he has two powerful syncronized pairs and a tactician at his disposal.  Nowhere is safe.  Lets try again, why are you here?" his voice was stern.
Report Spam   Logged

Shit Happens
Xira
Uncia

Be careful, I bite.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #692 on: June 20, 2011, 11:38:07 pm »

Lugia recoiled from the painful lightning attack and Kari fell on her butt, her hair seriously mussed and her dress minorly singed at the hem. Kari didn't like this already, Raikou was asking questions she hadn't thought of and couldn't answer. "It's safer than out there on our own." She retaliated, attempting to inflict her own attack on Raikou with Extrasensory. Lugia took the opportunity to try and swipe at Raikou with it's large tail. Using their stable, Rain Dance, would only serve aide Raikou as much as them in this match.
Report Spam   Logged

th31r1shguy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #693 on: June 21, 2011, 12:00:32 am »

Raikou lept up and caught Lugia's tail as it hit him.  His teeth sparked as he plunged a Thunder Fang into the tail.  Raikou was thrown upward into the air.  He attacked Lugia with Thunder from above.  Raikou landed on his feet and used Extreemspeed to run towards Kari.  He stopped directly inches infront of her face and stared into her eyes.  "Stop lying to me, Kari.  If you were safe you wouldn't be so scared.  Tell me why you're here." Raikou said. 
Report Spam   Logged

Shit Happens
Xira
Uncia

Be careful, I bite.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #694 on: June 21, 2011, 12:09:48 am »

Lugia let out an cry as thunder coursed up it's tail. The electricity was quickly bringing down the great legendary, it was at a disadvantage in every way. Kari felt pain flowing through their link, she tried to send back some strength of her own but felt seriously lacking. Having the face of a fearsome legendary inches from her she panicked. "Why do you think I'm lying. We just want to be safe. We want James gone so things can be normal again." Kari let loose a frantic whirlwind, blowing Raikou away from her and her partner.

Lugia was proud to see Kari trying so hard, it could feel what a difficult time she was having. Lugia sat and used the move Recover on itself. Healing a few of the exterior wounds and restoring some vitality.
Report Spam   Logged

th31r1shguy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #695 on: June 21, 2011, 12:21:24 am »

Raikou stood up.  He wasn't expecting whirlwind, of all attacks.  "I can see it in your eyes, Kari.  If you're not lying to me, then you're lying to yourself.  Tell me, why are you here?" Raikou fired a spark attack at Kari's feet.  He noticed Lugia behind him recovering, but continued focusing on Kari.  Lugia was too big to sneak up on him.
Report Spam   Logged

Shit Happens
Xira
Uncia

Be careful, I bite.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #696 on: June 21, 2011, 12:36:49 am »

Kari danced awkwardly, trying to avoid the lightning. Lugia, feeling better, launched a barrage of earth at Raikou with Ancient Power. "Don't think you can launch an attack at my daughter without feeling some consequences." it said with ferocity. Kari was touched by this. Kari always knew Lugia as a parent, but as she grew they had tried to stray away from those ties because of how odd a thing it was. What Raikou said about lying though was nagging at her. It was true she wanted the world back to normal, and if it weren't for James she'd be completely content with going back to wandering and swimming in the deep, but deep down she was confused. Unsure if that's why she really stayed. "I don't know what you want from me! I just want this over so I can go back to my life." Was her response to Raikou's prodding. That and another Extrasensory attack. It was clear Kari was avoiding close quarters tactics, using Lugia as her front line.
Report Spam   Logged

th31r1shguy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #697 on: June 21, 2011, 12:49:42 am »

Lugia's ancientpower attack was avoidable.  Raikou ran towards Kari to dodge the rocks.  But he took the extrasensory attack head on.  "Seems you won't respond to direct methods.  Fine." Raikou said to Kari.  He ran towards Lugia and attacked it with Discharge.  After the shock subsided, Raikou attacked again.  And after that shock he attacked again.  "You can stop this Kari.  Just stop lying to yourself" Raikou roared.
Report Spam   Logged

Shit Happens
Xira
Uncia

Be careful, I bite.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #698 on: June 21, 2011, 01:16:31 am »

Kari put up her arms expecting the legendary to go for her, but when she saw him attacking Lugia and feeling the pain through their link she was mortified. Lugia thrashed around attempting to land any attack it could, but each zap slowed it's movement and weakened it's attacks. Lugia was beginning to worry. It knew this was a test but it still f***ing hurt. It'd have to remember to smash Raikou for it later. Kari was panicking. She wanted to rush Raikou and tear him off of Lugia herself. "Leave Papa alone!" She yelled, ready to rush in. Then Lugia emerged in her mind, still in pain, but giving her pause, reminding her that rash thoughts to no one any good.

Then one more zap sent her into a rage. Kari ran at a dead sprint towards Raikou, leaped at him and grabbed onto his small grey horns. She looked him right in the eye seething, "You get off my Papa, NOW!" faint blue markings were visible on Kari's face, and her normally blue eyes were the same deep red as her partners. Kari opened her mouth and from it shot a Hydro Pump straight into Raikou's face. Letting go and sending him flying backwards. "I won't let you or anybody take my only family away from me! You want to know why I'm here, thunder dog?" She spat, her voice booming with ferocity and confidence. "Because I refuse to allow some power stealing punk threaten my family, and if that involves your training that that's just what I need to do." Kari's adrenaline burst through the proverbial roof and she let out a howl, like a whale's war cry.

Then as quick as it come, it was gone, and Kari felt drained, but continued to stare down Raikou, should he make another move.

((Whew, that was fun to post. Yay for pumped up writing. XD))
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 01:16:55 am by Xira » Report Spam   Logged

Kadri
.:: Empress of Yay ::.
Administrator

Shh... I'm invisible...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #699 on: June 21, 2011, 04:49:35 pm »

Suicune accepted Raikou’s assessment of their performance, as well as his suggestion that they continue to practice, with a quiet nod of approval. Ahri’s elation at successfully reaching the first tree had already told him that this exercise would be good for her—it would be good for them both.

Well done, Ahri, he told her silently, looking down at her from across the meadow. He could sense her pleased smile more than he saw it. You may come back now.

In the distance, the dark-haired girl pulled off her blindfold and began making her way back towards the hill. Suicune watched her for a moment, thoughtful. Their bond was supposed to be an equal partnership between Legendary and human, and they both needed to pull their weight to make it work. It was important to be able to rely on each other, but as he listened to Raikou’s comments he began to see that it was also important to find a balance between them. Ahriana needed to find the strength and confidence to stand beside him as an equal, instead of resigning herself to always walking a step behind... and he needed to stop enabling her, and stop allowing himself to be her crutch.

This realization pained him some. It was hard to face the fact that he and Ahri had been holding each other back instead of helping each other move forward—it stung at his pride. But there is knowing and then there is doing. Habits could always be changed.

Suicune glanced aside at Rayquaza as Raikou led Kari and Lugia away. Although the dragon and his partner were probably the most advanced of the pairs when it came to sync training, he wasn’t sure what working with them would be like. Finally, he suggested, Perhaps let us run through the exercise a second time, and then you and Duama could offer your input?

Ahri trudged up the hill, her blindfold dangling loosely from one hand. She stopped in front of Suicune, looking curiously between him and Rayquaza. “Sooo... Kari and Lugia are going to train with Raikou for a while?”

Yes... And we are going to stay here and practice, with Rayquaza and Duama to advise us. He nodded cordially to the dragon. Put your blindfold back on.

“Oh.” She looked from Duama to Rayquaza, uncertain. “The same exercise as before?”

For the next few trees, at least, he replied. There was a touch of humor in his voice. He had already spied the second tree off in the distance, on the northern border of the meadow. Then we switch places.

“Well, we did it once, so we can do it again,” she muttered, pulling the blindfold over her head and settling it over her eyes. Somehow, she was more nervous about having Rayquaza and Duama observing her than doing the exercise itself. She dropped her arms to her sides and took a deep breath. “Okay. I’m ready.”

Suicune felt the pull of the bond between them, like a rip current pulling them both out to sea. He focused on the second tree, burning it into their memory, and then turned their attention to her path down the hill. This was doable. Completely doable.

Report Spam   Logged

Welcome to the Idiots Convention. Would you like a free t-shirt?

Oh look, I found my original Neo-Anime signature... Ah, good times... XD

Duama449
*narrows eyes* Read my sign!

View Profile
« Reply #700 on: June 22, 2011, 12:52:17 am »

"trust in your bond. Don't doubt for a second that suicune knows where the tree is." duama said encouragingly. "Just let yourself go and let his eyes be your eyes, There's no reason you can't see everything before you."

Rayquaza couldn't help but smile to himself a bit. This was not unlike how he trained duama to see, to breath and embrace the bond that seemed so new to him at the time.
Report Spam   Logged

Dancing Artest kirby!!
   \\\\
<(0.0<)  

////
(>0.0)>
Kadri
.:: Empress of Yay ::.
Administrator

Shh... I'm invisible...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #701 on: June 22, 2011, 01:21:31 am »

Ahri smiled at Duama’s earnest advice, relaxing slightly when she realized that he wasn’t going to start by criticizing her or making her feel like an idiot. The little bit of confidence she’d gained when she finally laid her hand against the first tree fizzed just beneath her consciousness, and she was eager to duplicate her first success.

Only this time, we’ll do it even better, she told herself firmly, determined.

The priestess took a deep breath and opened her mind. She could feel herself slipping into her connection with Suicune again, even more quickly than before… and when ‘they’ gazed out across the meadow so her partner could show her where the next tree was, she was quick to pick it out of the surrounding trees.

Alright… here we go, she thought to Suicune, and this time her tone was full of nervous excitement—and much less doubt.

Again, Ahriana took it slowly as she made her way down the side of the hill and into the meadow. Even with a renewed sense of confidence, she knew that she was still vulnerable to smaller obstacles that Suicune might not be able to see from the hilltop. She carefully wound her way around a handful of sapling trees, and was able to sidestep a large, broken tree limb that had fallen in the middle of the path. Only once did she stumble—and she very nearly fell—but she managed to reach out and steady herself against a small pine before she completely lost her balance.

When at last she reached the second tree, she didn’t hesitate to place her hand against its trunk, her fingers firm against the rough bark. She reached up and tugged the blindfold up just enough to her to see, and then she turned and waved to Suicune, Duama, and Rayquaza, calling out, “I made it! I made it!

Suicune chuckled and shook his head, silently calling her back to the hill. He could feel her emotions bubbling like a frothy bit of water—exultant, excited, and determined to do it again… only better.

Report Spam   Logged

Welcome to the Idiots Convention. Would you like a free t-shirt?

Oh look, I found my original Neo-Anime signature... Ah, good times... XD

th31r1shguy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #702 on: June 25, 2011, 06:54:52 pm »

Raikou rose to his feet, laughing quietly to himself.  That had been the first time he heard the word "papa" used in a battle before.  "Well, it seems my work here is done.  Go back to camp," he said.  He walked off to the south, away from the campsite, and stopped before the tree line.  "I'll see you all in a couple of days.  Until then you better not get lax on the training." Raikou said before running off into the forest.
Report Spam   Logged

Shit Happens
Duama449
*narrows eyes* Read my sign!

View Profile
« Reply #703 on: June 25, 2011, 08:56:47 pm »

"alright, you guys heard him." Duama said standing up finally. It seemed his time to play was quickly coming to an end. "Kari, feel free to head back to camp, and take your shackles with you. Seeing as this training wont benefit you any I think it'd be good to focus on your pole arm stances. I know Lugia will talk you through it. In the meantime I'll stay with Ahri and help her through her training." He smilied genuinely taking some of the authority out of his voice. "If Ava wakes up I want her to be among kind faces, and that's you and Lugia...I'm no good at comforting people...If she wakes up notify me immediately. Im...counting on you two." he concluded as he turned back to Ahri, already in the process of heading for the next tree.
Report Spam   Logged

Dancing Artest kirby!!
   \\\\
<(0.0<)  

////
(>0.0)>
Xira
Uncia

Be careful, I bite.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #704 on: June 25, 2011, 10:29:44 pm »

((Umm, Kari hadn't actually returned to the group yet, Dua. But I'll roll with it this time.))

Raikou turned to go and Kari felt relief wash over her like a wave, starting at her toes and working it's way up. She sat down on Lugia's tail, taking breaths while the adrenaline rush ebbed and leveled out. After a few moments, and another recover from Lugia, the pair got up and made their way back to camp. As they passed Duama addressed Kari, but his voice barely registered. She simply kept walking while Lugia, who had heard Duama, bent down and picked up the shackles with it's massive head as it passed, casting Duama an ambiguous glance, but saying nothing before continuing into the camp where Ava lay.

Kari was like a zombie caught in a daze. Kari, you need to get a hold of yourself. Lugia said to her, sounding concerned. The rush of combat, seeing Lugia in a dire situation and the bright realization of her reason for continuing on had blow Kari's circuits. Lugia reached it's wing out and pulled Kari close with it. You need to rest before you do anything else. It told her. Pressing on her head to make her sit, after which Kari closed her eyes and went into a meditative state. Lugia sat as well and swam around in Kari's mind, helping her re-establish her grip before having her resume Dauma's weapon training.

((lol, Irish don't go forgetting Raikou has a future sight hanging over his head. ;3)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 10:30:16 pm by Xira » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: