Neo-Anime Forums
Neo-Anime Forums
March 28, 2024, 01:12:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Gallery Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Sailor Stars

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sailor Stars  (Read 644 times)
Xira
Uncia

Be careful, I bite.

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« on: June 29, 2010, 06:14:56 pm »

So did anyone here actually finish watching sailor stars? I tried and got half way through, but the way they draw men just really irks me.
Oh a slightly random topic, has anyone ever played the SM game for the Super Nes? Freaking hard game.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kadri
.:: Empress of Yay ::.
Administrator

Shh... I'm invisible...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 04:40:42 pm »

XD No... I've never seen the fifth season of Sailor Moon--I've only read the manga version for Stars.(Alas, I never got through the third season of the anime, or past it. Although I have seen PGSM and I'm going to tackle the musicals, eventually.)

From the bits and pieces I've looked up, it looks like the anime version of Stars had some pretty interesting differences from the manga. One of these days, I'll actually watch it and compare. Roll Eyes

And... I totally forgot there was ever a game for SNES. I don't remember seeing it in stores when I was a kid. Was it translated to English and sold in the US?
Report Spam   Logged

Discord Tag#5403

Welcome to the Idiots Convention. Would you like a free t-shirt?

Oh look, I found my original Neo-Anime signature... Ah, good times... XD

Xira
Uncia

Be careful, I bite.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 08:20:56 pm »

I actually can't stand reading the manga. The art feels too cluttered to me, I can't really tell what's going on most of the time.

I've only seen a couple episodes of PGSM. I can't seem to find it anywhere. And I didn't even know there were musicals. O.o

You know, I don't think it was translated. I was a sheltered child until the ps2 era (when I finally got a ps one). So I've only played it on a rom.
Report Spam   Logged

Kadri
Administrator

Shh... I'm invisible...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 11:09:58 pm »

I actually can't stand reading the manga. The art feels too cluttered to me, I can't really tell what's going on most of the time.

I've only seen a couple episodes of PGSM. I can't seem to find it anywhere. And I didn't even know there were musicals. O.o

You know, I don't think it was translated. I was a sheltered child until the ps2 era (when I finally got a ps one). So I've only played it on a rom.

See, I have no trouble reading the manga... but then, I'm really used to Naoko Takeuchi's style because the Sailor Moon manga was the first series I ever bought (and completed). I even have the two-volume set of the Sailor V manga, although it's still in Japanese because they've never released it here in the US.

If you really want to watch PGSM, I can tell you where to find it online. If you're a big Sailor Moon fan, it's definitely worth watching--but I will warn you, the special effects suck. I would equate them with the effects in original Power Rangers series, way back in the day. (Then again, PGSM isn't exactly new. XD) I enjoyed it because it wasn't just a carbon copy of the anime's first season... it differed from the anime and the manga. And some of the music was really cute and catchy. (Usagi's mom is a real nut, though. She cracked me up.)

As for the musicals (which are referred to as SeraMyu), I haven't gotten around to tracking them down yet... although I've seen clips on various fansites. They look interesting but some people say they are hard to follow, so I'm hoping to find a good fansub version. My Japanese is really not that great. x3

Aaand, I think you're right: I'm pretty sure they never translated the game into an English SNES version. Darnit, since I have my old SNES, and now I'm curious as to how hard it is. I'll have to find it on rom one of these days so I can test drive it. XD
Report Spam   Logged

Discord Tag#5403

Xira
Uncia

Be careful, I bite.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 01:26:34 pm »

See now I always thought that Sailor Moon pretty much was Power Rangers for girls. yet for some reason I liked it anyways. ^.^
I would like to check it out if you wouldn't mind recommending a site where I could find it.

At least you know some Japanese. I can only say simple phrases like, greetings and good-byes as well as thank yous and "Die, Dumb ass." ^^

Oh, you can find the rom pretty easy on emu-paradise. that's where I got it from way back when. I've lost all of them since then due to computer troubles now. XP
Report Spam   Logged

Kadri
Administrator

Shh... I'm invisible...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2010, 04:43:47 pm »

See now I always thought that Sailor Moon pretty much was Power Rangers for girls. yet for some reason I liked it anyways. ^.^
I would like to check it out if you wouldn't mind recommending a site where I could find it.

Gee, I never thought that Power Rangers was mainly a boy's show. I mean, when I was five or six and the original Power Rangers came out, I was a huge fan. XD

That aside...

You can watch the PGSM episodes right here on Veoh. Except for Act 1 (which is the very first episode)... they were having trouble with it the last time I tried to watch it, and now it looks like it's been removed altogether. You can find it on YouTube (just Google 'PGSM Act 1'), but it's broken up into 3 parts (whereas the episodes on Veoh are whole). Hopefully someone will put it back on Veoh soon.

Report Spam   Logged

Discord Tag#5403

Xira
Uncia

Be careful, I bite.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2010, 06:21:27 pm »

I used to watch power rangers, but I only really ever liked the Beast series. Maybe that's just cause I'm a furry though. X3
Report Spam   Logged

blackangeldemon

View Profile
Level 4 Combination Level 3
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2011, 12:57:34 am »

I really wanted to finish it too but i cant find any sailormoon CD's here, ive search it in the net but no luck..  Sad
Report Spam   Logged

Kadri
Administrator

Shh... I'm invisible...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2011, 01:06:20 am »

I really wanted to finish it too but i cant find any sailormoon CD's here, ive search it in the net but no luck..  Sad

Are you looking for the Sailor Stars episodes?
Report Spam   Logged

Discord Tag#5403

blackangeldemon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2011, 10:45:48 am »

Yes pls.. Do you know any sites where i can watch or download? I really want to see the ending of sailormoon. If you know any sites. pls let me know. Thanks  Love
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 10:49:26 am by blackangeldemon » Report Spam   Logged

Kadri
Administrator

Shh... I'm invisible...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2011, 06:32:46 pm »

Yes pls.. Do you know any sites where i can watch or download? I really want to see the ending of sailormoon. If you know any sites. pls let me know. Thanks  Love

I would recommend checking out www.veoh.com -- I haven't ever watched the Stars season for myself, but it looks like they have the unofficial "fandub" as well as the original Japanese w/English subtitles. I hope that helps!
Report Spam   Logged

Discord Tag#5403

Xira
Uncia

Be careful, I bite.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2011, 10:00:08 pm »

I watched about 20 episodes in but sadly by the time I did start watching them I was so over the SM art style that it's almost painful to watch now. Sooo many things wrong with their anatomy. XP
Report Spam   Logged

Kadri
Administrator

Shh... I'm invisible...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2011, 08:38:59 pm »

I watched about 20 episodes in but sadly by the time I did start watching them I was so over the SM art style that it's almost painful to watch now. Sooo many things wrong with their anatomy. XP

I never really cared for the art style of the anime... although I didn't get totally fed up with it until around the third season. Something about S just really annoyed me (besides the fact that the story itself was radically different from the manga version of the story).

I will admit that I loved the way Takeuchi drew the manga version though... even though it was not necessarily anatomically correct, either. XD
Report Spam   Logged

Discord Tag#5403

blackangeldemon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2011, 01:47:09 am »

[/quote]

I would recommend checking out www.veoh.com -- I haven't ever watched the Stars season for myself, but it looks like they have the unofficial "fandub" as well as the original Japanese w/English subtitles. I hope that helps!
[/quote]

Thanks. I already in that site. But they dont have complete episode of sailormoon.
Report Spam   Logged

Kadri
Administrator

Shh... I'm invisible...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2011, 01:59:33 am »

Quote from: Kadri

Thanks. I already in that site. But they dont have complete episode of sailormoon.

Veoh has complete episodes, because I've watched them... Do you mean they don't have the complete season of SM?
Report Spam   Logged

Discord Tag#5403

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: