Neo-Anime Forums
Neo-Anime Forums
March 28, 2024, 11:44:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Gallery Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Anime Reviews!!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anime Reviews!!  (Read 278 times)
Kadri
.:: Empress of Yay ::.
Administrator

Shh... I'm invisible...

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« on: July 06, 2010, 01:20:52 pm »

Yep, I'm bringing this one back. Thank you, Baka04. Wink

Rules:

1. Absolutely no spoilers.

2. No hentai reviews.

3. Let's aim for no more than 5 reviews for the same anime. (IE: We don't want 10 reviews for Dragonball Z--we want some variety!)

4. To review an anime, you need to have seen at least 85-95% of a completed or ongoing series. (IE: Don't review an anime with 20+ when you've only seen the first 2-3 episodes.)

5. You can review anime movies and OVAs!

6. Please aim for proper grammar and spelling--no one will want to read your review if they can't understand it.

7. Please don't copy someone else's review. We want your opinion, not someone else's.

* I will try to keep a running list of the anime that's already been reviewed in this first post.

Review Format:

Anime Title:

Version Reviewed: Subbed or Dubbed?

Genre:

Synopsis: Give a brief outline (at least 3-5 sentences) telling us what the anime is about.

Review: We want to know what you think!! Is this anime another 'save the world' story, or is it something more unexpected? What did you think about the characters? Were they funny, lovable, forgettable, or downright annoying? Are there any other interesting facts about the anime you'd like to share? (Just remember: No spoilers!)

Art: Any comments you may have on the art style. (Feel free to give us a rating, on a scale of 1 to 5.)

Sound: Is the OST worth a second look? Are the sound effects good, or are they annoying or cheesy? (Again, feel free to give us a rating, on a scale of 1 to 5.)

Overall: How would you rate this anime, overall? Love it? Like it? Neutral? Totally hate it?

Similar Anime: (Optional) Does this anime remind you of another series?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 11:06:42 pm by Kadri » Report Spam   Logged

Discord Tag#5403

Welcome to the Idiots Convention. Would you like a free t-shirt?

Oh look, I found my original Neo-Anime signature... Ah, good times... XD

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

baka04
I'm am the past of my future

dokusei

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 02:22:16 pm »

Anime Title: K-On!

Genre: Music Comedy Slice of life

Status: First season is done and this is a first season review

Synopsis: If you've ever wonder what a Japanese Light music club is like then look no further. Watch as the newest member of the Keiongakubu (light music club or K-On for short) becomes accustomed to her new high school club.

Review: So going to make this quick as I am at work writing this. The anime is simply a slice of life anime you are basically watching as 5 girls go from having nothing to do after school to creating a music club for them to join. The thing that pulls you in though is all the jokes and pranks they pull on each other their struggle to master their instruments and just the over all story of how they come to be friends. Funny thing is, that after living in Japan a short time myself this is pretty close to what they would actually have to do to get a club started. Never did the Japanese high school thing but yeah this is how it is at the college level with a little more freedom of course

Art: The art is what you would come to expect of a Japanese anime nothing really stands out so I'll give it a 3 actually just remembered one thing they match the sounds up with the actual guitar chords so for that much detail I'll give them a 4

Sound: If you like J-pop Rock then this is the OST for you being a anime about music the one thing that they have tons of in this anime is J-pop rock. There is also a hint of visual kei

Overall:
Over all I love this anime I've already watch all of the released second season and looking forward to a third season. By no means is this a boring anime but don't expect a lot of action this is more of a sit back and laugh and think hmm I wonder if that is how it is done

Similar Anime: This kind of reminds me of lucky star except more interesting with better art work. Reminds me a lot of Bamboo Blade seeing how they are both slice of life focusing on High School clubs
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 02:35:21 pm by baka04 » Report Spam   Logged

Kadaj
καλλιχτι

It was ever thus...

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 07:58:05 pm »

Anime Title: Baccano!

Version Reviewed: Subbed

Age Rating: 18+ (Violence)

Genre: Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy

Synopsis: The series consists of many seemingly unconnected plots that follow the points of view of many characters at different times across several times and places. The story spans from the eighteenth century to the twentieth, and follows several groups as well as individuals, such as the mafia, a group of alchemists, a religious cult and a newspaper company. Baccano is Italian for "noise" or "ruckus", and the series lives up to its name quite well.

Review: I would classify it as a psychological adventure in which the characters make the story, as opposed to the cookie-cutout stereotype of the classic 'save the world' story, in which the story makes the characters. There is no real crisis, and you are really watching the show for the characters, and not just the conflict. The characters range far and wide, and I would bet that most people will love the vast majority, no matter their alignment. The pacing is perfect, and if I had had to wait for the next episode to come out while watching it the suspense would have killed me, if that helps. One point that kept my attention was the disconnected puzzle-piece style to the story. You will never figure it out if you do not watch every minute of it, and this makes it all the more enjoyable in my opinion.

Art: The art is exemplary, and I have heard it compared to Fullmetal Alchemist on more than one occasion. When compared to other series, I would give it a 5/5, but when compared to higher budget anime films I would give it a 4/5.

Sound: The soundtrack was enjoyable, but not worth buying. The sound effects were great, and I could detect no flaws in the overall audio. Perhaps 3.8/5.

Overall: I loved it. I would be willing to say that it is my favorite, all things considered. I would rate it at 9.5/10, with 10 unknown.

Similar Anime: It reminds me of Durarara!!, or rather, Durarara!! reminds me of this. They were made by the same group, and they share many parallels, including the occasional reference. In comparison, however, Baccano! was immensely more satisfying, especially as far as the endings go.
Report Spam   Logged

I hold you in the highest regard, my friends.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: