Neo-Anime Forums
Neo-Anime Forums
April 19, 2024, 02:54:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Gallery Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

What instrument(s) do you play?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What instrument(s) do you play?  (Read 357 times)
baka04
I'm am the past of my future

dokusei

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« on: July 13, 2010, 11:26:24 pm »

Simple question easy to answer just post what instrument you play up and if you feel like it post up some of you solo/group performances. Me I play bass a percussion (Drums, Piano, Xylophone, etc...). I'll post my early practice runs up here once I post them up on youtube. As for my set up I'm running with a Fender Squire four string bass (nothing special I know just good enough to practice on until I get serious) and a Fender Rumble 25 watt bass amp again nothing special.

Wish List
I'm planning on getting this http://www.rondomusic.com/argustoaskbk.html once I get the cash flow still haven't decided on the amp yet. In addition I'm probably going to look for one of these http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-FSR-Standard-J-Bass?sku=517887 as well.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 11:27:26 pm by baka04 » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

onyx_is_radiant
i reject your reality, and submit my own.

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 07:33:14 pm »

Okay.. This, MADE my night dood. :D

Clarinet for almost 7 years! Percussion(Bass for drumline) for about 3! And, I'm currently learning baritone!
Wanting to learn: Sax, Mello, & Flute.
Report Spam   Logged

The earth was without form and void, and darkness was upon the face of the deep; and the Spirit of God was moving over the face of the waters. And God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light.
baka04

dokusei

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 12:52:49 pm »

Okay.. This, MADE my night dood. :D

Clarinet for almost 7 years! Percussion(Bass for drumline) for about 3! And, I'm currently learning baritone!
Wanting to learn: Sax, Mello, & Flute.
Are you a music major or is this just a hobby?
Report Spam   Logged

onyx_is_radiant
i reject your reality, and submit my own.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 02:58:18 pm »

No, I'm not. I'm still in high school, actually. I've been in band since 4th grade, and high school marching band since 8th grade. Our school also has a performance battery, which plays after football games, like a drum circle. I'm learning baritone because my high school band is lacking one, also in case I want to join up in a Drum Corps. Smiley
I DO want to do something with music though.
Report Spam   Logged

The earth was without form and void, and darkness was upon the face of the deep; and the Spirit of God was moving over the face of the waters. And God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light.
baka04

dokusei

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 06:19:15 pm »

I DO want to do something with music though.

I say go for it word of advice if you are looking for a career in it go to Japan, seriously they will pay top dollar for a musician to headline in a local hole in the wall bar. I had a friend a music major focusing on percussion that while we were doing the whole study abroad thing he managed to get a job at a jazz club playing the drums (he is pretty bad arse) , and this was before he could speak Japanese. As far as good music school I say go for Berklee College of Music I.M.O. they're one of the best
Report Spam   Logged

demon-fayt
"I find it kind of funny, i find it kind of sad; The dreams in which I'm dying are the best ive ever had..."

"The slower we move, the faster we die..."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 01:42:17 pm »

I played Piano for about 2 years, had a short stint with the flute in 4th grade, and am currently trying to learn (read: self teaching sucks -cry-) guitar. It's a '78 fender stratocaster that my Uncle (pro musician) gave me some years ago. Before my playing was pretty touch and go, but now im more serious about it. Here's a pic of the lovely lady (her name is Ariel ^__^): http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/photo.php?pid=234485&id=100000580150706
Report Spam   Logged

Pro quis causa does vir diligo tamen ut certe certo sui suus satisfaction?

Click to view my Personality Profile page" border="0[/url]
Xira
Uncia

Be careful, I bite.

View Profile WWW
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 09:40:33 pm »

Ooh, hey I didn't think we'd get a thread like this. Spiffy.  Love

As for me, I've played violin for 10 years, piano on and off since I was 7 so about....13 years, tried to teach myself guitar but go frustrated. I can play a few Flight of the Conchords songs but that's about it, and I'm trying to teach myself the ocarina and the renaissance flute.
Report Spam   Logged

Kadri
.:: Empress of Yay ::.
Administrator

Shh... I'm invisible...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2010, 12:29:17 am »

You guys are sooooo lucky~ The only instrument I can play is my voice, and I'm not sure that counts. Roll Eyes

I've always wanted to learn either piano or guitar, but I've never had the chance to take lessons (or try to teach myself). When I was in 5th grade, my school started giving guitar lessons, but then my family moved back to Houston and I had to give it up. =/
Report Spam   Logged

Discord Tag#5403

Welcome to the Idiots Convention. Would you like a free t-shirt?

Oh look, I found my original Neo-Anime signature... Ah, good times... XD

Duama449
*narrows eyes* Read my sign!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2010, 04:18:53 pm »

Trombone for 9 years, baritone for two, and currently teaching myself piano. 64-key casio. nothing that special. But it doesnt imitate of 480 instruments and can play/teach me up to 180 songs....guess that is a pretty big deal lol.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 04:20:07 pm by Duama449 » Report Spam   Logged

Dancing Artest kirby!!
   \\\\
<(0.0<)  

////
(>0.0)>
Veraledy
Figment of the World's Imagination

Cirque du Belladone

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2010, 02:55:24 pm »

You guys are sooooo lucky~ The only instrument I can play is my voice, and I'm not sure that counts. Roll Eyes

Of course your voice counts Kadri-chan! The human voice is the purest instrument there is.

Flute for 8 years, piccolo for 4 years, ocarina for a couple years, wooden native american flutes for 3 or 4 years, wanna get my hands on a decent set of panpipes, trumpet for 1 year, teaching self guitar, piano, and trombone until I can get my hands on a cello, and I sing. Oh and I can make an interesting array of animal noises from land and marine creatures and sound effects that include knocking on my skull. : )
Report Spam   Logged

"Walker in Darkness, from whose face earth and heaven long ago fled." Truant, House of Leaves
Xira
Uncia

Be careful, I bite.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2010, 05:34:08 pm »

Ooh, Vera's a flutist? I've been wanting to learn but I have no control over my breath, since I'm so trained on string instruments.
Piccolo is really impressive though. I hear that one's hard to play.
Report Spam   Logged

The_Horned_One

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2010, 06:18:42 pm »

I play the viola, but... uh, it's been collecting dust under my bed (I think... >.> ) for awhile (it's in its case, mind you, but I still suspect that it's horribly out of tune).

I really should let it see the sun every now and then.  And see if I can't pull off that gosh darn vibrato.
Report Spam   Logged

Veraledy

Cirque du Belladone

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2010, 06:57:28 pm »

Vibrato is the bane of my existence! And yes I'm a flutist. Thanks, it really just takes practice, even I have to practice breathing regularly. Though I'm envious of your string abilities, I adore the cello.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 06:58:37 pm by Veraledy » Report Spam   Logged

"Walker in Darkness, from whose face earth and heaven long ago fled." Truant, House of Leaves
Xira
Uncia

Be careful, I bite.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2010, 07:00:36 pm »

Oh me too. I suckered my younger sister into taking it just so I could play it too. ^.^
Ug, Vibrato is not cool no matter what your instrument...except maybe cello. For some reason it's just easier on the big strings.
Report Spam   Logged

Veraledy

Cirque du Belladone

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2010, 07:10:26 pm »

Yeah, It's awful doing it with your breath. It increases breath practice by like 3x.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: