Neo-Anime Forums
Neo-Anime Forums
April 19, 2024, 09:54:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Gallery Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

artist that you use to hate...but grew to love

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: artist that you use to hate...but grew to love  (Read 171 times)
Munky
spazz

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« on: August 12, 2010, 01:37:41 pm »

you ever have bands or artist that you use to hate when you were younger, then fell in love with them as you grew up?

I know i use to hate nirvana when I was a kido. well not really hate, but their music annoyed me. then once i got around 10th-11th grade i fell in love with them. actually bought there albums with my own money. guess i just didn't really understand the music until I got older.

oh, and soundgarden's "black whole sun". omg. I guess it was just the part where the little girls spittin up milk, but I hated that song. like, what the shit!?? now i love that song. play it when i'm stuck and traffic...screech my voice in the car and stuff.

I didn't like queens of the stone age either, I remember when they first really hit mainstream they had that hit "go with the flow" that use to play ALL the time on fuse. drove me insane. but i luv all their songs now.

theirs some more songs/artist that grew on me, just can't think of any more at the moment. enjoy and discuss.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Xira
Uncia

Be careful, I bite.

View Profile WWW
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 01:46:21 pm »

Hmm...The closest thing to that for me would have to be Genesis. My dad loves them but as a kid I hated them...especially when dad sang, but now it's more like an enjoyable nostalgia trip. ^^;
Report Spam   Logged

baka04
I'm am the past of my future

dokusei

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 02:59:49 pm »

The Arctic Monkeys couldn't really get into them when I first heard of them b/c I was all about the j-rock at that time. Then one day after listening to Muse I dove right into the whole Brit rock world and from there grew to love them.
Report Spam   Logged

Shadow Crusnik
The Fallen God

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 09:58:19 pm »

I hated like i mean really hated Eminem... I was a hard core rocker growing up you know my dad listened to all that stuff and thats all i listened to so that is all i knew as music. Now that i have grown i really love it.
Report Spam   Logged

Even if the corpses pile up under my throne and my rivers flow crimson. I will not stop till I have reached my goal
ValkyrieOfDreams
Dream-Weaver

Innocent but deadly...

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 12:08:02 pm »

It was just rock music in general. Oh, and old rock like Nirvana. But now I jam in my little car, singin and screaming.
Report Spam   Logged

I am the one you fear at night. I can give you beautiful dreams...or I can give you nightmares. Which would you prefer?
Duama449
*narrows eyes* Read my sign!

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2010, 07:19:16 pm »

oh ho, man I'd have to go with the Plain white T's I REALLY hated them when they came out, but once they hit me with "Hey there, Delila" it was a completely different story, "Had the same feelings about Green Day with "Holiday" but now I DARE you to say Green Day sucks in front of me today  Bad Mood

anyways

hmmm...I'd also have to say that it took Akon a while to grow on me, I hated how his songs were albeit catchy, but really depressing. "Mr. Lonely" haunted my nightmares, buuuuut once I realized they came from a time in his life when everything was dark I came to understand him. Then his songs got better and I came to love every track he was on. Hell with him on sweet escape I could tolerate gwen stefani....GWEN F*CKING SETFANI!! And that's all for now.
Report Spam   Logged

Dancing Artest kirby!!
   \\\\
<(0.0<)  

////
(>0.0)>
demon-fayt
"I find it kind of funny, i find it kind of sad; The dreams in which I'm dying are the best ive ever had..."

"The slower we move, the faster we die..."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2010, 08:57:38 pm »

It was just rock music in general. Oh, and old rock like Nirvana. But now I jam in my little car, singin and screaming.

X__x Nirvana is 'old school' now? Wha?!?!

Hmm, i guess for me, that honor would have to go to... The White Stripes and Radiohead. but ever since listening 'Seven Nation Army' and Reckoner (respectively) I love both artists.

and Duama, as far as Greenday goes: They don't suck (entirely) it's just that their older work was much MUCH better.
Report Spam   Logged

Pro quis causa does vir diligo tamen ut certe certo sui suus satisfaction?

Click to view my Personality Profile page" border="0[/url]
Lil Spawn
The Hellspawn from Heaven

Whoa...you a got a huge boogie right there...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2011, 04:30:46 pm »

When I was younger I hated anything that wasn't Hip-Hop, R&B, Jazz, and Neo-Soul. But mainly hated Rock, Metal, etc. I would think it was the weirdest thing ever lol. But as I got older, I just opened up to it. Now you'd catch me with Linkin Park, Daughtry, The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Green Day, Fall Out Boy, Nirvana, etc. all on my phone and mp3 player haha.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: