Neo-Anime Forums
Neo-Anime Forums
March 28, 2024, 04:04:36 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Gallery Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

The Creeping Curse of Corellia

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Creeping Curse of Corellia  (Read 981 times)
MissDangerMouse

GET TO DA CHOPPA!!

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Level 4
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2010, 06:00:44 pm »

Keldin watched the suppertime gathering unfurl from above, nestled in a crook of a golden oak. He waited for the girl to return to the cottage before rearranging his limbs, glancing down to his lifesummon. Toruc gazed up at him from the dense brush at the base of his friends perch, looking apologetic. Keldin shook his head, sharing a quick thought with him before beginning his decent.
Worry not. Had she seen you, we would have words, but prints are sign left, not proof.
Toruc snuffed in response, waiting patiently as his partner navigated his way down the tree. It had been a long time since they had come in contact with anything living, aside from the small contingent of henchmen they’d cut their way through in order to get here. Toruc snuffed a second time.
If you can call enslavement living, Toruc thought. Keldin didn’t bother to respond.
Dead was dead in his book.
As they stepped forward, making for the clearing the cottage was settled in, Keldin’s senses jangled. A closer look revealed a barrier, old but strong, enclosing the little cottage and its residents. Keldin examined the sigils briefly, but could only gather that if he were to step through, it would raise an alarm. Erring on the side of caution, he sidled around to where he would be seen through one of the open windows allowing the savory smells of stew to wash into the forest, and proceeded to make himself known. Toruc sat, ears twitching as his brother called out.
“Greetings, dwellers of the cottage!” Toruc gave him a look. Keldin waved as he argued with his companion.
“What? Is it not proper to be polite? As we are savagers of Varespina’s forces, must we be savages?”
You’re daft. They’ve invited us. Don’t you think they would have planned for our arrival? Toruc replied, levering to his feet to pad through the barrier without incident.
“Tremloc’s beard....” Keldin murmured, following his comrade, approaching the cozy home. Toruc settled on his haunches several yards from the front door, Keldin drawing up beside him seconds later, pulling off his hood and travel mask. Nervous energy thrummed from the ends of his fingers to the tips of his ears as he focused on remaining still, trying to look.... Like anything other than threatening. Toruc simply continued to sit beside his twitchy companion: It was difficult for a terra lynx to look anything but dangerous.    
Report Spam   Logged

What you write can always be edited, revised, and retracted. Speech is as eternal as memory. Be mindful. Your tongue is a blade that cuts both ways.
th31r1shguy
(self proclaimed) King of the Short Posts

not to be confused with th4t1r1shguy

View Profile WWW
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2010, 09:02:54 pm »

William watched the new visitors for a moment, and then returned to his dinner.  One was a loud person, derived from either unintelligence or arrogance, and the other was shy, a trait possibly developed as a result of his companion's assertive behavior.  They both looked powerful, but Will was not threataned.  Haitel and his children were not pushovers in any sense of the word.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 09:03:39 pm by th31r1shguy » Report Spam   Logged

Shit Happens
Shadow Crusnik
The Fallen God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2010, 01:25:37 pm »

Chrome sat in a chair on the other side of room. He watched as these people entered the cottage. He knew that he shouldn't lash out at them but he also was not comfortable around these new people nor did he trust them at all. He laid his hand on the but of his sword capping the top, he was ready to draw his sword at any moment. He watched carefully shooting a glance over to William, every so often as he trusted William's judge in character and was the smarter one in the house so would have a better way to deal with this then he would.
Report Spam   Logged

Even if the corpses pile up under my throne and my rivers flow crimson. I will not stop till I have reached my goal
ValkyrieOfDreams
Dream-Weaver

Innocent but deadly...

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2010, 02:04:19 pm »

Moving over to sit on the floor by Chrome, Merydith spoke quietly to him. "Why are you so agitated?" When he didn't say anything, she followed his gaze and understood. "Oh," she muttered. "Well it is okay. Haitel trusts these people...right?" She looked to him for encouragement. Being in the presence of new people made her nervous and as such, she rubbed her wooden wings for comfort and reached out with her other hand to squeeze Chrome's hand on his sword.
Report Spam   Logged

I am the one you fear at night. I can give you beautiful dreams...or I can give you nightmares. Which would you prefer?
Xira
Uncia

Be careful, I bite.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2010, 04:21:18 pm »

Myst looked up to the window where the odd strangers stood, shouting to them. If he was invited by Haitel why didn't he just come in? She wasn't in the mood for visitors, however Haitel was the one cooking and she was in the mood for food. So she figured it best not to argue and instead stayed where she sat at the table and silently watched. Waiting to see what this stranger might do next.
Report Spam   Logged

mookyvet

Queen of Chaos

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2010, 08:52:07 pm »

Haitel looked up, his smile growing as he spotted their guests through the door.  He'd expected awkward, but honestly...  Still, the man showed no hint of being surprised and placed the large spoon down to make his way towards the door.  As he passed, he touched both Chrome and Will's shoulders, offering a curt nod to indicate it was all right.  He never was the kind to put his children in danger.  If there was a problem, his sword would have been uncovered long ago. 

"My friend!" he called as he reached the door, motioning for them to come closer.  "The door is open for a reason." 

Talia reached the door, her brows furrowing as she spotted the man and his beast.  So those tracks weren't a coincidence after all, she thought to herself.

"Haitel...who is that man?" she whispered as he drew her inside with a soft chuckle.

"In due time, child." said Haitel.  "All of you should take your seats.  Dinner is done and I can tell you are all quite hungry."
Report Spam   Logged
MissDangerMouse

GET TO DA CHOPPA!!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2010, 09:16:13 pm »

“Mage Haitel!” Keldin cried, embracing the man warmly. “You must understand, we have encountered many hostile things on our journey here.” He lowered his voice, his face becoming somber. “Varespina has become paranoid. Her henchmen trap every standing abandoned home. The traps are.... Unpleasant to the living.”
Keldin, ducking the low doorframe, was preceded by his large friend, who had little issue with finding himself a spot close to the cooking fire, flopping down on the warm stones. The two visitors shared a look.
"Do you think you should greet those who have invited us?" He asked.
Toruc whuffed softly and got to his feet.
"I am Toruc. Soul summon to the elf before you," Toruc declared, speaking carefully around his large teeth. Once finished, he tumbled back to the floor, stretching luxuriously before settling in for a nap.
Keldin coughed awkwardly, covering his anxiousness with a smile.
"Forgive my companion. We have travelled for many weeks to get to this haven. I am Keldin Na-Aru’Waalsen. I am pleased to meet you all.” He bowed carefully in an effort to keep from crowning himself on the sturdy rafters over the kitchen. Seeing no one object to the terra lynx, he decided to seat himself against the stairway on a bench, one of the few seats that could actually hold him comfortably. It wasn’t unusual for him to come across homes in this land ill suited to his nearly 7-foot frame. The last 10 years had given him plenty of time to adapt.
“I hope that we will be able to speak at length after you have finished your supper, though for now, I beg that you allow the two of us time to gather ourselves after our trek," the elf said, peeling away the top layers of his traveling gear. Toruc was long gone, fast asleep. He seemed content with their situation, though Keldin remained anxious. 
Report Spam   Logged

What you write can always be edited, revised, and retracted. Speech is as eternal as memory. Be mindful. Your tongue is a blade that cuts both ways.
Duama449
*narrows eyes* Read my sign!

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2010, 02:31:22 pm »

As Haitel nodded one question still alluded him, Where had his final child run off to. Duama had a penchant for explore which oftern had resulted in....unpleasant instances. Time and time again Haitel had chastised the boy for this but it seemed that he allowed it simply because he found Duama's inquisitive nature uncommon of those befitting a berserker who are often gruff and foolish. Not far off from the Cottage Duama lay asleep soundly underneath a tree, his two handed axe, which more resembled a halberd from the size, lay against a tree. As something rustled the trees in the distance awoke Duama with a start. In one instant he was on his feet and hand on the axe, with a speed that seemed unnatural, even for one that appeared as agile as Duama. His eyes quickly searched the treelines and shrubs around him....then slowly relaxed as his paranoia had obviously gotten the better of him.

"The reaches of the curse couldn't possibly reach this far out, there was no way...."

Shaking off the thought Duama glanced at the sky and grimaced.

"Ugh, haitel is gonna give me an earful.....again."
Duama stood shouldering the axe with ease, removing it from the dirt as the weight of the immense axe had caused it to sink in somewhat. Moments later Duama reached the door and found it open.

"Dinner and entertaining guests without me? I never knew you cared so much." Duama joked. This resulted in several eye rolls from his siblings. Duama's jokes had worn thin ages ago, but as Duama always argued the classics never die.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 02:32:58 pm by Duama449 » Report Spam   Logged

Dancing Artest kirby!!
   \\\\
<(0.0<)  

////
(>0.0)>
ValkyrieOfDreams
Dream-Weaver

Innocent but deadly...

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2010, 04:54:06 pm »

"Welcome home stranger." Merydith stood and walked up to Duama, hugging him tightly. She brought his head down to whisper in his ear, "I'm so anxious right now...I don't know what to do! I'm about to leave for a little longer...I'm going to the small cave we found when we were younger." With that, she turned and said to Haitel, "I do not mean to be rude, but I am not very hungry. I will be back before the end of the night, I promise." She spun on her toes and sprinted out of the house and into the woods.
Report Spam   Logged

I am the one you fear at night. I can give you beautiful dreams...or I can give you nightmares. Which would you prefer?
Duama449

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2010, 01:08:57 am »

a bit exasperated Duama sigh with a smile on his face. Without a doubt the person that was closest to him was Mery. The fact she was half seraphim and he half demon never seemed to register with them. As much as he wanted to go after her he knew that times like this would pass soon, and he'd go get her when she had calmed down. Turing back to the others duama introduced himself. "Hey there, name's duama."
Report Spam   Logged

Dancing Artest kirby!!
   \\\\
<(0.0<)  

////
(>0.0)>
MissDangerMouse

GET TO DA CHOPPA!!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2010, 03:22:45 pm »

He watched from his seat as one of the female saplings left, brimming with nervous energy. How was she to learn of their plans from a cave in the woods? His great ears quivered in the amicable silence that followed her departure as his attention fell to the newcomer. Keldin rose and bowed a second time.
"I am Keldin Na-Aru’Waalsen. The terra lynx asleep near the fire is my soul summon Toruc. A pleasure, young Duama."
Toruc stirred in his dreams, flinching and pawing at some invisible memory as Keldin sat. His hands focused on some trivial repair to his cowl; a bolt hole, by the looks of it. Varespina's dark brethren were improving their skills. It did not bode well. After some minutes beneath practiced digits, the cowl was mended, and the willowy elf found time enough to close his eyes and lean against the staircase he was seated near.
Mission or no, he would be useless if he was not alert, and for the first time in the ten years he had been hunting, he felt safe enough in this little haven to relax, if only for a moment.   

Report Spam   Logged

mookyvet

Queen of Chaos

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2010, 06:20:55 pm »

The door shut before he could get a word out, leaving Haitel staring at, bewildered.  His brows knitted, a small huff escaping him.  He made a mental note to have a chat with the girl, a serious one, but decided it would be best to turn his attention back to those who had stayed for now. 

At his request, Talia made sure all the places at the table had been properly set and retrieved two extra bowls for Keldin and Toruc.  Haitel served him first, a luxury he always afforded his guests as they were few and far between, and set about filling the rest of the bowls afterwards.

"All of you, go ahead and sit down.  First, we eat.  Then we talk." he grunted as he slid Duama's bowl in front of the chair he usually claimed and rapped him gently on the head, more a kindly tap than a strike.  "And you.  You were sleeping, weren't you?  I'm sure you'd rather not hear me lecture you on the importance of punctuality again."

Talia cringed.  Usually those lectures ended up extended to everyone and if it was one thing Haitel knew how to stretch out it was a lecture.
Report Spam   Logged
MissDangerMouse

GET TO DA CHOPPA!!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2010, 06:29:53 pm »

Keldin stirred, humbled by the offering.
"Thank you Haitel... And thank you on behalf of my furred friend." He smiled, folding himself around the stew, eating carefully.
Toruc stirred, snuffled the bowl, and inhaled its contents before circling his spot, flopping back down, and returning to sleep. Keldin followed suit, and after completing his meal, returned to his light sleep.
Report Spam   Logged

Duama449

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2010, 09:58:06 pm »

The door shut before he could get a word out, leaving Haitel staring at, bewildered.  His brows knitted, a small huff escaping him.  He made a mental note to have a chat with the girl, a serious one, but decided it would be best to turn his attention back to those who had stayed for now. 

At his request, Talia made sure all the places at the table had been properly set and retrieved two extra bowls for Keldin and Toruc.  Haitel served him first, a luxury he always afforded his guests as they were few and far between, and set about filling the rest of the bowls afterwards.

"All of you, go ahead and sit down.  First, we eat.  Then we talk." he grunted as he slid Duama's bowl in front of the chair he usually claimed and rapped him gently on the head, more a kindly tap than a strike.  "And you.  You were sleeping, weren't you?  I'm sure you'd rather not hear me lecture you on the importance of punctuality again."

Talia cringed.  Usually those lectures ended up extended to everyone and if it was one thing Haitel knew how to stretch out it was a lecture.

"*sigh* I understand Haitel." Duama droned as he rubbed his head but he couldn't help but smile a bit as he recanted his dream.

"I was dreaming....I think it was about my mother, maybe I can talk to you about-!" Duama was interrupted by the grumbling of his empty stomach. Placing a hand on his stomach duama conceded to his true brain and sat down. diving his spoon into the stew and into his mouth eating rather quickly, stopping to make a face in an attempt to cool the hot stew already inside his mouth. Duama was always hopeless, sooner or later his stomach always got its way.
Report Spam   Logged

Dancing Artest kirby!!
   \\\\
<(0.0<)  

////
(>0.0)>
Xira
Uncia

Be careful, I bite.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2010, 11:02:12 pm »

Myst made a rather disgusted face at Duama's frantic eating, then got up from her spot and took her bowl to Haitel, who spooned a couple ladles full of stew into it. She nodded a thank you then went back to her seat with minimal words spoken. This stranger and his pet made her a little anxious. She wasn't used to seeing new people after all these years living with Haitel and the other children at the cottage. So she thought it would be best manners to remain stoic until a situation arose, good or bad, that required her action.

Once at her seat she picked up her spoon and began eating in a slightly more dignified fashion than she normally would. It was always best to make a good impression.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: