Neo-Anime Forums
Neo-Anime Forums
March 29, 2024, 04:35:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Gallery Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Update and help

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Update and help  (Read 433 times)
Kadaj
καλλιχτι

It was ever thus...

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« on: October 14, 2010, 04:22:14 am »

Ah, wow; I was sure that I had posted my stuff here. Ah, well. For those of you who did not know, I do some graphic artwork, primary and almost exclusively with forum signatures.

So, we have an update on my progress and something that I was working on just now. Comments would be greatly appreciated, specifically on the work in progress. I need some suggestions and so on.

Hopefully these are in some kind of order, but I doubt it.

yoshi71089's requests:

Here are JGatby's requests:

Newest:

« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 01:54:56 pm by Kadaj » Report Spam   Logged

I hold you in the highest regard, my friends.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kadaj
καλλιχτι

It was ever thus...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 04:28:36 am »

Now for the work in progress. The problem here is that the original picture is so beautiful that adding to it actually detracts from the value of it, at least, as far as I can tell. Now, I am in favor of simplicity, but my additions are so minor that it would be more true to say that I nitpicked over what to do with it than that I actually worked on it. Well, here we go.

This is essentially the drawing board, to give some reference, and so that you can tell me if I have improved it or taken away from it.

A source reference.

And with a bit of toying.

And the toying with some text.

I did, of course, play around with it far more than that (for three or four hours), but I could only accept these edits as possible improvements. I could always use the base image as a signature in itself, but I am not so sure, and I am being a bit too much of a perfectionist here. Opinions and suggestions?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 12:14:21 pm by Kadaj » Report Spam   Logged

Kadaj
καλλιχτι

It was ever thus...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 11:05:13 pm »

Some help you guys were. Half-joking, of course.
Report Spam   Logged

Kadri
.:: Empress of Yay ::.
Administrator

Shh... I'm invisible...

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 05:16:47 pm »

Wow, I can't believe that no one's posted on this thread yet. =/

(Forgive my lateness. Most of my online time for the last 2 weeks has been via my mobile browser, and it's not that great for viewing anything art-related.)

I'm not an expert on graphic artwork by any means, but the finished signatures in your first post (and the WIP you've since finished) are awesome. I love how clean they are; the text and the art all fit together neatly, without looking squeezed together or cluttering the sigs.

My favorite is the Yoshi sig. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Discord Tag#5403

Welcome to the Idiots Convention. Would you like a free t-shirt?

Oh look, I found my original Neo-Anime signature... Ah, good times... XD

Kadaj
καλλιχτι

It was ever thus...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 07:08:38 pm »

Wow, I can't believe that no one's posted on this thread yet. =/

(Forgive my lateness. Most of my online time for the last 2 weeks has been via my mobile browser, and it's not that great for viewing anything art-related.)

I'm not an expert on graphic artwork by any means, but the finished signatures in your first post (and the WIP you've since finished) are awesome. I love how clean they are; the text and the art all fit together neatly, without looking squeezed together or cluttering the sigs.

My favorite is the Yoshi sig. Smiley
That was the idea; thanks for confirming it. I do so care about subtle aesthetics.

Yes, that one does tend to be the favorite across the board. It was a quick one, too. So very long ago...
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 07:23:52 pm by Kadaj » Report Spam   Logged

Kadri
.:: Empress of Yay ::.
Administrator

Shh... I'm invisible...

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2010, 03:07:06 pm »

Yes, that one does tend to be the favorite across the board. It was a quick one, too. So very long ago...

I think it stands out because it's different from the other signatures you've made.

Most of the art you use in your signatures is very smooth. For the most part, the colors are very cool, and everything blends together nicely... which is part of what makes them look so clean and attractive. However, the art in the Yoshi sig has very bold, somewhat sketchy lines, and the bright green and red-orange stand out from the lighter colors in the background, making it stand out to my eyes moreso than the other signatures.
Report Spam   Logged

Discord Tag#5403

Welcome to the Idiots Convention. Would you like a free t-shirt?

Oh look, I found my original Neo-Anime signature... Ah, good times... XD

Kadaj
καλλιχτι

It was ever thus...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2010, 03:45:18 pm »

So, my WSAC (Weekly Signature Art Contest) #141 & #142 entries, all edits. Thank you, ladies and gentlemen of the record-breaking crew.

Well, due to an unfortunately lapse in my time keeping, I both started and finished this WSAC entry too late. I noticed the lapse after finding the voting thread, after making the tag. Furthermore, I have just finished it as much as I am willing to, and it is not up to my own standards, let alone the WSAC ones. Here's to failing hard.

I may as well have been drunk when I made this. It is so bad... I barely did anything to it, anyway.

And now for #142, which I entered last night. The theme was Gender Bender.

This last one is the one that I ended up entering, as a result of unanimous voting by some random people in the Forum Games section. The first version was voted on after the entry was posted, so it does not count.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 03:47:19 pm by Kadaj » Report Spam   Logged

CFox22

Art / Anime Enthusiast

View Profile WWW
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2010, 03:49:17 am »

I definitely think that the last one was a good pick. The use of the card symbols just doesn't seem to float well with the overall image. I think the name match pairings work very well.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: