Neo-Anime Forums
Neo-Anime Forums
April 19, 2024, 02:17:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Gallery Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Concerts

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Concerts  (Read 179 times)
Veraledy
Figment of the World's Imagination

Cirque du Belladone

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« on: December 07, 2010, 03:11:01 pm »

So, I think it's kind of a cool idea to share what concerts we've been to, plan on going to, and experiences. Also reviews of band's live stage presence is always good to spread. And share likes and dislikes about outdoor vs indoor, and large vs. small venues. Maybe some concert tips?

For this year, I've been to a couple concerts, sadly gonna miss some, and gonna get to go to some more.

Uh, I think the first concert I've been to since school started this year was in October. Whitechapel was headlining, the other bands that played that night were Impending Doom, Miss May I, Blackchapel(Oceano), and I Declare War.

It was an awesome concert, and honestly it was my first concert with true mosh pits, stage diving, and crowd surfing, all three of which I had a blast doing, and I got to hug Phil, the vocalist of Whitechapel.

Second concert was just this past Sunday. Spent 12 and a half hours at NBT10 (attended NBT7 and NBT9 as well) the line up was alright not as good as previous years but decent.

On side stage was: Set It Off, Not Tonight Josephine, American Bang, Neon Trees(I have pictures of), A Day To Remember, and Against Me!

Main stage was: Finger Eleven, Switchfoot(large outdoor venue is awful for their style/sound), Paper Tongues(Suprisingly disappointing live), The Dirty Heads, Sick Puppies(2nd time live), Cage the Elephant(2nd time live), Chevelle(2nd time live), The Black Keys, and My Chemical Romance (got the extended set, and well saw them headling in '07. Hot pink hair and gay mannerisms do not work well for Gerard Way.)

Sadly I'm gonna miss the Job For a Cowboy and Skeleton Witch concert this Thursday. Two other bands are playing that.

This Saturday however I'm going to see Transiberrian Orchestra with family. Very excited.
Report Spam   Logged

"Walker in Darkness, from whose face earth and heaven long ago fled." Truant, House of Leaves

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Xira
Uncia

Be careful, I bite.

View Profile WWW
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 05:32:55 pm »

I've only been to one concert in my life (before my agoraphobia got too horrible) and it was a DC Talk concert around the year 2000 I think.
Report Spam   Logged

Veraledy

Cirque du Belladone

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 07:12:42 pm »

Aw, I'm so sorry, do even small, like local highschool classical season concerts aggrivate your agrophobia?
Report Spam   Logged

"Walker in Darkness, from whose face earth and heaven long ago fled." Truant, House of Leaves
Xira
Uncia

Be careful, I bite.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 08:14:28 pm »

Well our high school concerts are a big deal because our school has one of the top music programs in the state. But yeah, pretty much just leaving the house starts it up. It starts to get really bad around groups of 20 people and unbearable at 50.
Having my husband with me helps a bit though, so I can live at least. :3
Report Spam   Logged

Veraledy

Cirque du Belladone

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 08:23:57 pm »

Well I'm glad that you have him then! I'm sorry to hear that its that demanding. Maybe have a date with a string quartet or something sometime? Live music is amazing and dwindling so fast, its a shame to be deprived of it. Though I have to say, that I'm proud of you for still living despite your agoraphobia! As odd as that may seem.
Report Spam   Logged

Xira
Uncia

Be careful, I bite.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 08:30:57 pm »

Aww you're sweet. And I do miss classical music. My mom and I used to go to see the symphony every week, but stuff like that gets expensive. Now I live for our high school's concerts. They're close to professional class anyways. ^.^

Anyway back on topic. I'm not sure if this counts but I've been to bunches of classical concerts. Even went to see Yo Yo Ma in Detroit about four years ago. That man is amazing.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 08:31:08 pm by Xira » Report Spam   Logged

Shadow Crusnik
The Fallen God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2010, 08:56:29 pm »

Well let me see my first concert ever was n-sync thats right laugh it up if you will but i used to love them.

then projekt revolution: which was linkin park my chemical romance saosin... wow i cant remember the rest. either way it was a great concert and both linkin park and my chemical were good

then after that was crew fest: it was drowning pool godsmack montly crew and theory of a deadman. Now godsmack was amazing theory apparently had an off night but personally i think they sucked. Montley Crew was great but thats expected

Then this concert right here was god!! Q101 jamborie: now i dont know if any of you know what Q101 is but its a radio station up by me, But here is all who played from 10 a.m. to midnight. Seether three days grace story of the year puddle of mudd syliva papa rouch hollywood undead Janus and coheed and cambria. Now coheed was eh along with janus, however the rest of the bands were great. Now seether and threedays grace blew me away, they know how to put on a show, i sujest to anyone who likes them to see them live.

Then to finish it off i saw Jack Johnson: i like him and all but it wasnt something i really wanted to pay to see but he is my gf's favorite so we went and saw him. He was really good but like i said it couldnt really compare to Q101 just because seether and three days grace are my top to favorite bands and they rocked it
Report Spam   Logged

Even if the corpses pile up under my throne and my rivers flow crimson. I will not stop till I have reached my goal
Xira
Uncia

Be careful, I bite.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2010, 09:31:07 pm »

no way! N*Sync! They used to be my favorite! They never came to concert near me else I might have gone (way back in the day).
Report Spam   Logged

Veraledy

Cirque du Belladone

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2010, 12:28:15 pm »

I definitely agree with you about Three Days Grace's stage presence. They were at NBT7 and they were amazing. : ) And don't sweat the NSYNC thing, I still have their first album. lolz
Report Spam   Logged

Kadri
.:: Empress of Yay ::.
Administrator

Shh... I'm invisible...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2010, 01:49:19 pm »

This Saturday however I'm going to see Transiberrian Orchestra with family. Very excited.

Ohh, have you ever been to a TSO concert before, Vera-chan? They are amazing... I'm a total addict. ^^; But then, you can tell that the really love what they do, and when they're having so much fun up on stage it's kinda hard for the audience not to have fun, too.

Although, I just realized... Texas is part of the "West" tour. You're part of the "East" tour. It's two different groups of performers, so I don't know how different the East tour show will be from the West (I just saw them on Sunday). ^^; I'm a little biased, because the West has Al Pitrelli and Tommy Farese... and they're great. They do a lot of goofing off on stage. XD
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 01:52:40 pm by Kadri » Report Spam   Logged

Discord Tag#5403

Welcome to the Idiots Convention. Would you like a free t-shirt?

Oh look, I found my original Neo-Anime signature... Ah, good times... XD

Veraledy

Cirque du Belladone

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2010, 02:18:18 pm »

Yeah, it is my first TSO concert. I've been trying to go for the last three years. Finally getting to go. I don't know how the Eastern group is, but I will definitely let you know when I get back from it! : )
Report Spam   Logged

Kadri
.:: Empress of Yay ::.
Administrator

Shh... I'm invisible...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2010, 03:03:20 pm »

Yeah, it is my first TSO concert. I've been trying to go for the last three years. Finally getting to go. I don't know how the Eastern group is, but I will definitely let you know when I get back from it! : )

X3 Awesome!! I'm sure the East tour group is fabulous as well... I'm just so used to Tommy Farese and Al Pitrelli and the rest of the West tour gang that I can't imagine a TSO concert without them. Tommy Farese has one helluva voice on him. Although for that matter, so does Andrew Ross, who's also with the West tour group. They're all so talented it's disgusting. XD

My only two complaints for this year were, the West group had a new narrator (he was great--don't get me wrong... but the older guy before him was even better), and the little Asian guy on the electric violin was missing... dunno if he quit TSO, or went with the East group, or what... Although Caitlin Moe (the other violinist) was on top form, as always. Well... and I didn't really care for the singer's/dancer's outfits this time. They looked kinda cheap. Tight black dress pants would've shown off their figures just as well as the black spandex they did wear, and it wouldn't have looked nearly so trashy. XD
Report Spam   Logged

Discord Tag#5403

Welcome to the Idiots Convention. Would you like a free t-shirt?

Oh look, I found my original Neo-Anime signature... Ah, good times... XD

Veraledy

Cirque du Belladone

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2011, 01:24:51 pm »

So updating the concert list.

As I Lay Dying Show
All Shall Perish
Winds of Plague
Some other metal concert
Borgore
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 01:25:11 pm by Veraledy » Report Spam   Logged

demon-fayt
"I find it kind of funny, i find it kind of sad; The dreams in which I'm dying are the best ive ever had..."

"The slower we move, the faster we die..."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2011, 09:23:58 pm »

A few months ago I saw both Old 97's AND The Go! Team in concert here at the Black Cat. In the same week. Man, that was a great week. :D
Report Spam   Logged

Pro quis causa does vir diligo tamen ut certe certo sui suus satisfaction?

Click to view my Personality Profile page" border="0[/url]

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: