Neo-Anime Forums
Neo-Anime Forums
April 19, 2024, 06:17:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Gallery Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

This day in ridiculous

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This day in ridiculous  (Read 479 times)
demon-fayt
"I find it kind of funny, i find it kind of sad; The dreams in which I'm dying are the best ive ever had..."

"The slower we move, the faster we die..."

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« on: December 16, 2010, 12:31:55 pm »

I was always wondering why there was never a thread on here for us to post about the ridiculous things that we find or happen to us in our day to day lives (not neccessarily gripes or bad things, just things that are... off <.<)

This is my contribution for now.

A friend of mine showed this to me recently... O__o
(Sorry if anyone in particular is offended. But given its time period, and the type of film, this is quite ridiculous)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 12:32:32 pm by demon-fayt » Report Spam   Logged

Pro quis causa does vir diligo tamen ut certe certo sui suus satisfaction?

Click to view my Personality Profile page" border="0[/url]

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Duama449
*narrows eyes* Read my sign!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 01:14:04 pm »

O_o....that maybe the single most AWESOME thing I have ever seen in the history of ever

BRAVO!! Approved!

Yes, as a black man I got pretty upset in the first two seconds but when you see the entire video you realize just how badass that preview is and how it strikes back at all the old concepts of the word.

and the kissing scene *gasp* priceless.

"that was just to satisfy your curiosity."  BRAVO!! BRAVO!! BRAVO!! BRAVO!!
Report Spam   Logged

Dancing Artest kirby!!
   \\\\
<(0.0<)  

////
(>0.0)>
demon-fayt
"I find it kind of funny, i find it kind of sad; The dreams in which I'm dying are the best ive ever had..."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 01:29:23 pm »

Not to mention, 'He's Boss!'  Cool Guy

(Also to be noted: I'm also black. I never once felt offended because, again, at the time this film was released [durring the 70's Blaxsplotation boom] most all films were like this.)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 01:32:28 pm by demon-fayt » Report Spam   Logged

Duama449

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 01:41:45 pm »

Exactly, and i love blaxploitation films. I think they're hilarious. and this movie got nothing but good reviews. Im sorry i missed this but I am going on netflix to see if I can find it!!
Report Spam   Logged

Dancing Artest kirby!!
   \\\\
<(0.0<)  

////
(>0.0)>
demon-fayt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 01:44:48 pm »

Oh dude. One step ahead of you  Cool Guy I've had this qued since I first found out about it (though on Netflix, the title has been shortened to just 'Boss')
Report Spam   Logged

Duama449

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2010, 02:20:25 pm »

oh I know, and jus ordered a DVD with the original title off allurbanmedia.com haha if you want blaxploitation movies they are the go to guys  Thumbs-up
Report Spam   Logged

Dancing Artest kirby!!
   \\\\
<(0.0<)  

////
(>0.0)>
The_Horned_One

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2010, 03:23:58 pm »

Well, during the trip down to see my sister for Thanksgiving, I had an interesting text message exchange from some unknown person.

Unknown:  Guess what im having with my eggs this morning

I received this bit a little after I woke up.  I figured it was someone I should know based on the familiar area code.  So I responded.

Me:  Um, saurkraut soup?

I thought it might've been my boss, and she's been nagging me to bring that in one day so she could try soup.
Later on, as my family and I were leaving the hotel, I got the answer to this guys question.

Unknown:  Effingham.

Initially, I figured he meant ham, as in "I'm having f-ing ham for breakfast with my eggs, darnit!", but the moment I looked out the window after reading that text, I saw a sign.  And that sign said Effingham.  We had been staying near a place called Effingham.  And I was pretty freaked out.
----
And a slight update to that:
I got a text from this guy a few days ago.

Unknown:  Let me know if you need anything.

Creepy, right?  So, I figured I should ask this person who he is.  It turns out that it's some guy named Doug and he had the wrong phone number.  But I still wonder how he knew that I was in/near Effingham, or if that really was just a coincidence.

I was actually hoping it was Xira, finally getting her revenge on me with a well-played prank.  But that would have required some very convoluted planning.

Report Spam   Logged

demon-fayt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2010, 10:29:27 am »

So my dad sent me this text yesterday. Didn't get around to checking it until this morning because I accidentally left my phone in the house:

"Just opened a fortune cookie. Inside, a question:'What's the speed of Dark?'"

O__o
(good question, btw)
Report Spam   Logged

Kadaj
καλλιχτι

It was ever thus...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2010, 11:42:27 pm »

So my dad sent me this text yesterday. Didn't get around to checking it until this morning because I accidentally left my phone in the house:

"Just opened a fortune cookie. Inside, a question:'What's the speed of Dark?'"

O__o
(good question, btw)
And I have a wallpaper to match it, my friend.

http://deathnotewallpapers.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/l2_1024x768.jpg
Report Spam   Logged

I hold you in the highest regard, my friends.

demon-fayt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2011, 06:41:44 am »

Your mom hates Dead Space 2
Report Spam   Logged

Kadaj
καλλιχτι

It was ever thus...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2011, 11:21:04 pm »

I was almost banned from another forum two days ago. OneManga forums this time...
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 11:22:04 pm by Kadaj » Report Spam   Logged

Xira
Uncia

Be careful, I bite.

View Profile WWW
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2011, 03:45:57 am »

I was almost banned from another forum two days ago. OneManga forums this time...
Seriously? What for?

@demon: That woman just restored about fifteen points to my "faith in humanity" scale. Wish fox news were this level headed about their reviews. :3
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 03:51:07 am by Xira » Report Spam   Logged

Kadaj
καλλιχτι

It was ever thus...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2011, 08:03:37 pm »

Seriously? What for?

@demon: That woman just restored about fifteen points to my "faith in humanity" scale. Wish fox news were this level headed about their reviews. :3
Here you go...

Quote from: Makaze
Quote from: AYAME
Dear Makaze,

You have received an infraction at OneManga.com Forums.

Reason: Games Forum Rule Violation
-------
The games are not here for you to start you own personal chat session, follow the rules of the game or get an infraction.
-------

This infraction is worth 2 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
[post]5027314[/post]
I read the manga, and did not watch it, so I could say at all, there, Czech. Sorry.

Please consider reviewing the rules.

All the best,
OneManga.com Forums
Hmm... So, where was the infraction? I used Czech as the nickname. I was also the one who reported him for not adding a nickname to his post. Why did you not infract me for every other post of mine on that thread and others, if this is a problem?

If you would like I could go back and infract you for every post you made in the games forum that was mere chit chat since you have a bad habit of that in many of the games, but I am afraid there would be so many it would total enough bans you would be close to a perma ban at this point.

However if I continue to let it go then the problem will continue to happen.

Your bad habits cause others to have bad habits, new members that come in who do not understand the "clever" way you insert random names into your posts only see chit chat and then respond with chit chat.

If you want to have conversations go to the SoT or Vm's and Pm's, not in the games.
Fair enough, but I would not call it bad in the least. I prefer the games because they are more easy going. I am not as welcome in the other places. Perhaps you, as a member of the staff, can make it more hospitable for me. Otherwise, I would be tempted not to post at all...

If you fail to see what I speaking about, then say so. Otherwise, deal with your own problems in the future. Having been a mod many times before, I can see where you are coming from, but I enjoy my freedom. I bend the rules, and then I rebuke others for breaking them outright. You will not get any change in that from me. If I feel that I must refrain, the experience is not as full for me. If I must speak only about manga in the manga forums, am not allowed to post threads without sufficient meaning to them in the general Chit-Chat forum, and have to deal with the exclusive club that is the Shout Out Thread, then you are leaving me with very few options for conversations with multiple people at a time. For one, VMs are very limited on how much you can post, and you only get 50 PMs total. Forums are meant for communication. I would not section my discussions and only speak with people who go to the thread in that section that references the topic at hand if I had anything to say about it. Also, particularly with games, they are supposed to be ways to get closer to other people. If there is no conversation, then is just random posting. Your pedantic behavior will and most likely has cost you members before, if you do this to many members.

You may notice that I have no sense of authority with this, and I do hope that you do get so petty as to take offense and punish me for that. I accept points when they are valid and I argue them when they are not. I do not give credence to rank or title beyond that. If I get banned for this, it will be very pathetic indeed. I only mention that because it has happened before, and it is not out of the question with those who are used to being seated in power.

If my condescension has not gotten to you yet, then I commend you, and you have my respect. I will stop it if you will. I was nice enough in my first response, but I did not get a kind response back from you, or, at least, that was how it felt to me. You should take more care with tone in the future.

I agree with you about the SoT I never felt welcome there myself, which is why you don't see me in it, however, in order to maintain order and keep chaos to a minimum rules must be made and enforced. That is what I will continue to do, no change from me either.

Live according to your philosophy and I will live according to mine.
Well said. I can respect that.

Though, I still think it dull when you assign a name and that is all. It seems like a waste of a post to me. It is not in my nature to make one word posts if I can help it.
Report Spam   Logged

Kadri
.:: Empress of Yay ::.
Administrator

Shh... I'm invisible...

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2011, 10:36:50 pm »

Well... That seemed rather ridiculous. At least you weren't banned this time. Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Discord Tag#5403

Welcome to the Idiots Convention. Would you like a free t-shirt?

Oh look, I found my original Neo-Anime signature... Ah, good times... XD

Kadaj
καλλιχτι

It was ever thus...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2011, 12:38:14 am »

Well... That seemed rather ridiculous. At least you weren't banned this time. Roll Eyes
Yes, well, there is that...
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: