Neo-Anime Forums
Neo-Anime Forums
March 28, 2024, 07:19:40 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Gallery Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

sailor moon Live action

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: sailor moon Live action  (Read 695 times)
Munky
spazz

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« on: January 23, 2011, 03:57:46 pm »

sooo....did anyone know about this?? cause I just found out last night.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Lil Spawn
The Hellspawn from Heaven

Whoa...you a got a huge boogie right there...

View Profile WWW
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 04:35:55 pm »

I knew about it lol. I believe it came out back in 2003 only in Japan.

Although if they were gonna do it live action then they should've did the REAL version.
Report Spam   Logged

Kadri
.:: Empress of Yay ::.
Administrator

Shh... I'm invisible...

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 09:06:05 pm »

I guess you never got the memo, eh Munky? There are some live action musicals floating around out there, too, you know. XD

Xira and I actually talked a bit about Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon in the Sailor Stars thread. I've seen all of the PGSM live action episodes, and they're worth watching if you're a big Sailor Moon fan... but the special effects are totally cheesy (as are the battle scenes). It reminds me a lot of the original Power Rangers series.

Still, I enjoyed PGSM a lot. It made me feel all nostalgic. Smiley

Although if they were gonna do it live action then they should've did the REAL version.

And I actually disagree with you, Spawn. I like PGSM because it's NOT exactly like the anime or the manga. The story is by no means perfect, but at least it's different from the 'same old, same old'... And I thought that the new characters were a fun addition, too; as well as the extra time spent on the Senshi's personal lives, and their issues with each other and their families.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 09:09:24 pm by Kadri » Report Spam   Logged

Discord Tag#5403

Welcome to the Idiots Convention. Would you like a free t-shirt?

Oh look, I found my original Neo-Anime signature... Ah, good times... XD

Duama449
*narrows eyes* Read my sign!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 01:29:59 am »

wow, that's crazy...you're not only munky cause I didnt know about this either....0.0 gotta say though from what I saw in the opening they captures the personalities of the girls really well, better than the anime in some respects. It always used to bother me that sailor jupiter was a tomboy but never really dressed like one.
Report Spam   Logged

Dancing Artest kirby!!
   \\\\
<(0.0<)  

////
(>0.0)>
Kadri
Administrator

Shh... I'm invisible...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 01:31:57 pm »

gotta say though from what I saw in the opening they captures the personalities of the girls really well, better than the anime in some respects. It always used to bother me that sailor jupiter was a tomboy but never really dressed like one.

Yeah... they really spent time and thought on the characters in this one. (And for once, Venus wasn't portrayed as a complete airhead at all.) It kind of makes me wish that they had continued it with a second season, and introduced the Outer Senshi into the story. I'd have liked to see how they would've portrayed Uranus, Neptune, Pluto, and Saturn.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 01:32:58 pm by Kadri » Report Spam   Logged

Discord Tag#5403

Xira
Uncia

Be careful, I bite.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 10:54:56 pm »

Ah PGSM. I love when the Japanese make live versions of their anime. They did it with Blood: The Last Vampire too and that was so amazing.

It is kind of funny you're just finding out about it now, Munky. That's been out for quite some time. ^^;
Report Spam   Logged

Kadri
Administrator

Shh... I'm invisible...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 11:25:40 pm »

It is kind of funny you're just finding out about it now, Munky. That's been out for quite some time. ^^;

^^; Well... in Munky's (and Dua's) defense, I think that you'd have to be a pretty big Sailor Moon fan to happen across the existence of PGSM... unless you're looking up Sailor Moon-related info, or you get into an discussion about live action shows and it gets mentioned.

Ah PGSM. I love when the Japanese make live versions of their anime. They did it with Blood: The Last Vampire too and that was so amazing.

You know, I may just have to get into Blood: The Last Vampire now... just so I can watch the live action version. XD
Report Spam   Logged

Discord Tag#5403

Xira
Uncia

Be careful, I bite.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2011, 03:50:56 am »

I liked Blood. It was short and simple and one of the VERY rare occasions in which I liked the live action better. In both cases they addressed a language barrier between Americans and Japanese but the live action has more of a sound story than the anime.

True. PGSM (heck just SM in general) is pretty girly.
Report Spam   Logged

CFox22

Art / Anime Enthusiast

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2011, 09:27:31 am »

Oh my o__O this looks special... I haven't really had a very good experience with Live Action movies of animes. Although while growing up i did like the sailor moon anime =O
Report Spam   Logged
Xira
Uncia

Be careful, I bite.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2011, 04:09:16 pm »

I can honestly say the only anime to movie/live-action horror stories I have are Dragonball and Avatar: TLA. And those are both American done. The Japanese seem to have some kind of secret art for making their transition movies not suck.
Report Spam   Logged

Munky
spazz

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2011, 12:45:06 am »

oh shit.
I went a day without logging on and now i'm flooded with post. i haven't felt behind on a thread since i was like 16. got me feelin like a rookie.

anyhoo-- yeh, I was catching up with my baylor homie about 3 nights ago and somehow we got to talking about sailor moon. she's a huge sailor moon fan, I'm talking walking wikipedia. just joking about how tuxedo mask ain't do shit but throw roses and different stuff from the series we remembered when she hit me with the link. she did inform me that the show came out a few years ago, but considering the task they portrayed a pretty decent transfer to live action.

really, just think of any sci-fi movie/sitcom you've ever watched. sailor moon has done a fairly better job when it comes to making the characters and story plot believable, along with the special effect sequences.  I know theirs no way in hell i'm about to catch up on these episodes. just thought it was kool that someone actually did it.

and as for me not "getting the memo"...do I ever??? i'm always out of the loop on NA. gotta nod my head and pretend stuff is old news to me. .
Report Spam   Logged
Duama449
*narrows eyes* Read my sign!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2011, 06:57:55 pm »

haha well one thing that got me excited was a preview of a live action Gantz when I was at the movies watchin black swan
Report Spam   Logged

Dancing Artest kirby!!
   \\\\
<(0.0<)  

////
(>0.0)>
Xira
Uncia

Be careful, I bite.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2011, 07:39:08 pm »

I was never able to watch Gantz. It was one of those anime that was just too dark and froth with morally wrong shit. Just watching the preview made me feel literally sick.
Report Spam   Logged

Kadri
Administrator

Shh... I'm invisible...

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2011, 01:29:49 pm »

really, just think of any sci-fi movie/sitcom you've ever watched. sailor moon has done a fairly better job when it comes to making the characters and story plot believable, along with the special effect sequences.  I know theirs no way in hell i'm about to catch up on these episodes. just thought it was kool that someone actually did it.

Yeah, they did a good job on PGSM (although I still crack up whenever a fight scene come up), all things considered. I think they took a risk by making things so different from the original series (anime & manga), but it paid off. It was fun to watch. And the actress that played Queen Beryl was pretty damn convincing. XD

and as for me not "getting the memo"...do I ever??? i'm always out of the loop on NA. gotta nod my head and pretend stuff is old news to me. .

Haha~ Now you know what everyone else's secret is. Just smile and nod, and act like you already know what the hell is going on.

haha well one thing that got me excited was a preview of a live action Gantz when I was at the movies watchin black swan

Hmm... I must have missed that preview. I didn't know that they were coming out with a live action version of Gantz. I know a couple of people that will be really happy when they find out. XD
Report Spam   Logged

Discord Tag#5403

blackangeldemon

View Profile
Level 4 Combination Level 3
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2011, 01:03:42 am »

i didnt know about this. Ill definitely download it. Thanks for sharing..  Thumbs-up
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: