Neo-Anime Forums
Neo-Anime Forums
April 20, 2024, 07:10:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Gallery Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

:: Chalk Pastels ::

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: :: Chalk Pastels ::  (Read 233 times)
Kadri
.:: Empress of Yay ::.
Administrator

Shh... I'm invisible...

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2011, 11:39:33 pm »

Ooh, it's beautiful. I imagine textured paper would make it a bit harder. I think it's more intended for pants than pastels. Tongue

Pants, huh? Huh?

No, I've actually used textured paper with chalks, charcoal, and conte crayons before... and the paper was specifically for dry media. It's just a different type of working surface. I guess I need to get used to it again. Roll Eyes
Yes pants. Get with the program here, Kadri. Pants are all the rage in art supplies. XD
lol, but no I meant paints. ^^;

When I did oil pastels I always preferred smoother paper. Not completely smooth but it had very little texture to it. I think it let me get richer colours without having to rub away any more of the pastel than we necessary.

XD Pants, pants... nope, I guess I'm just behind the times. (I knew you meant paints, btw. lmao)

I like experimenting. I think next time I'll try my charcoal or conte crayons with the more textured paper, and see if I like them better than the chalk... but then I wasn't totally satisfied with the smoother paper that I used for the first picture, either (even though the image itself was nice and smooth). I have a couple of different kinds of paper to play with, so I'll see what I like the best.
Report Spam   Logged

Discord Tag#5403

Welcome to the Idiots Convention. Would you like a free t-shirt?

Oh look, I found my original Neo-Anime signature... Ah, good times... XD

Munky
spazz

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2011, 09:43:32 pm »

I've noticed that theirs a string of similar characteristics in the female characters you draw. is this like your visual interpretation of your (inner)self? i've caught myself doing it a couple of times, not fully realizing it until i'm done with the character.

i like the subtle black around the hand making it pop from the background. i think the hands a bit too big but that doesn't really bother me. also like the eraser smudge around the thumb, like you drew it too big and had to make an edit. its a really fun piece. not sure I like the color you used to reflect the flame on her face...but thats always tricky.

in short, love yuh art. keep giving me a reason to compete.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: