Neo-Anime Forums
Neo-Anime Forums
March 29, 2024, 04:33:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Gallery Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Forum Closure

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum Closure  (Read 841 times)
Kadri
.:: Empress of Yay ::.
Administrator

Shh... I'm invisible...

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« on: September 09, 2011, 02:04:35 am »

As much as I hate to give up on something – especially something that I’ve loved so dearly, for so many years – I think that Neo-Anime’s time is finally at an end. What we have now isn’t truly the Neo-Anime forums; it’s scarcely even a shadow of what NA used to be.

I’ve met some amazing people on Neo-Anime in the last eight years, and I will never forget how much fun I’ve had chatting and goofing off on the forums. I've always regretted that tetsuo13 shut down the original NA back in 2008, and I’ve put a lot of time and energy into trying to keep this one running… but I have to be realistic now. There are no new members, and those of us who are still here are too few and far between to really keep this place alive.

Because my life is so hectic right now, I'm not going to set a specific "closing" date. The forums will be open for at least another month and a half, at this point... which will set us shutting down towards the end of October.

I don't think that I will change my mind, but anyone that's still around is welcome to discuss the issue here... or you can send me an email or a PM.

♥ Kadri

« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 12:53:59 pm by Kadri » Report Spam   Logged

Discord Tag#5403

Welcome to the Idiots Convention. Would you like a free t-shirt?

Oh look, I found my original Neo-Anime signature... Ah, good times... XD

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Xira
Uncia

Be careful, I bite.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 12:31:38 am »

Aww, this is sad, and I do feel partially responsible. Growing up sucks and having a life sucks even more (to an extent I guess). We all have to find a way to still keep in touch. I'd hate to just drop out of contact with everyone. :<
Report Spam   Logged

Kadaj
καλλιχτι

It was ever thus...

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 10:03:57 am »

I would like to at least request that you keep it up as an archive. Deny new registries and postings, but leave it there for us to look back on in years to come. We could use the memories.
Report Spam   Logged

I hold you in the highest regard, my friends.

ValkyrieOfDreams
Dream-Weaver

Innocent but deadly...

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 08:54:08 pm »

I know that I haven't been on much, and I do apologize to everyone here. When I first joined NA, I found a family...and even as I'm writing this I'm tearing up...I just read the email today. I would really like to keep in touch with anyone who would like to keep in touch. My email address is ajuseldinger@ymail.com. Please, if any of my NA family wants my contact information, I am more than happy to give it to you. I just dont want to suddenly not have my online family anymore. It is tearing me up right now.

To finish up and not drag this out, I just finally want to say that I love each and every one of my Neo brothers and sisters.
Report Spam   Logged

I am the one you fear at night. I can give you beautiful dreams...or I can give you nightmares. Which would you prefer?
Kadri
Administrator

Shh... I'm invisible...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 11:35:30 pm »

I would like to at least request that you keep it up as an archive. Deny new registries and postings, but leave it there for us to look back on in years to come. We could use the memories.

I will leave it up for as long as the SMF For Free host exists.
Report Spam   Logged

Discord Tag#5403

Kadaj
καλλιχτι

It was ever thus...

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 02:11:19 am »

Oh, a good idea, my email is izaya.orihara@gmail.com. You can reach me there, and I will check it eventually.

Thank you, Kadri.
Report Spam   Logged

I hold you in the highest regard, my friends.

Xira
Uncia

Be careful, I bite.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 06:00:58 pm »

I might as well post my contact info here as well. A lot of times I set myself as invisible on my IMs so that I can work but sometimes if you message me anyways I'll respond. :3

Email: vanillalune@gmail.com
AIM: xirachan13
YIM: sanctus_kyaz

Xfire/PSN/Steam: Kaikasu

If you contact me on any of these make sure you mention your NA name, else I probably won't accept the request. ^^;
Report Spam   Logged

Foxkillaz

View Profile
Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2011, 05:31:00 am »

Sad

I saw an e-mail saying neo-anime was shutting down and thought "Oh hey didnt that happen already?".

Sucks to see this one go down too, even though anime and forums are pretty far behind me (well at least anime ahah) I had some pretty good times on the original NA (If any of you fine folks remember me :D) and met some cool people (Like Kadri for example :3)

All good things must come to an end though, and as far as anime forums are concerned NA had a very good and long run.
Report Spam   Logged
Arcy
Powerful Beyond Measure

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2011, 07:09:47 am »

Well you guys can always reach me at christopherminor@hotmail.com, or why not, my cell is (603) 915-6009. Text me whenever.
Report Spam   Logged

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure."
baka04
I'm am the past of my future

dokusei

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2011, 11:27:11 am »

Yeah I figured this would happen eventually, even though I hardly ever post I've gotten use to browsing the music threads and listening to what everyone was blasting. Oh well I'll join the contact club, probably the best way to get at me is the FB sadly so look for a Jonas Chillings on the book http://www.facebook.com/PandaTheBear.
Report Spam   Logged

Kadri
Administrator

Shh... I'm invisible...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2011, 01:54:27 pm »

I had some pretty good times on the original NA (If any of you fine folks remember me :D) and met some cool people (Like Kadri for example :3)

D'awwww. Smiley

Most of you already have ways of reaching me... but for those of you who don't have any of my contact info, here it is:

Facebook: http://facebook.com/EmpressofYay
AIM: ladykadri
Email: robynbrewer@gmail.com

Those are the best and fastest ways to reach me, in that order. And if you DO send me a message or a friend request, please let me know who you are.
Report Spam   Logged

Discord Tag#5403

Xira
Uncia

Be careful, I bite.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2011, 04:27:03 am »

I sent you a friend request on Facebook, but they're trying so hard to be Google+ they took out the feature to include a message with your request. So if you see this before that then know that Kaleigh isn't a creeper, she just wants to be your friend. XD
Report Spam   Logged

Kadri
Administrator

Shh... I'm invisible...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2011, 11:17:43 pm »

I sent you a friend request on Facebook, but they're trying so hard to be Google+ they took out the feature to include a message with your request. So if you see this before that then know that Kaleigh isn't a creeper, she just wants to be your friend. XD

I dislike the "new" Facebook... a lot. Dead

Friend request approved. lol
Report Spam   Logged

Discord Tag#5403

Xira
Uncia

Be careful, I bite.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2011, 05:46:14 am »

I dislike the "new" Facebook... a lot. Dead

Friend request approved. lol
Meh, I like somethings better than the old things but that's because facebook is shamelessly ripping off Google+ with it's new features and I believe G+ to be so vastly superior to facebook at this point it's almost not even funny. Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Kadri
Administrator

Shh... I'm invisible...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2011, 06:04:43 pm »

I don't use Google+ so I wouldn't know how much of Facebook's new look is a rip-off. Can't really say that I care... I'm not planning on joining any more social networking sites unless Facebook completely craters and I absolutely have to.
Report Spam   Logged

Discord Tag#5403

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: