Neo-Anime Forums
Neo-Anime Forums
March 19, 2024, 03:58:55 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Gallery Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Unable to reply to forum closing thread, so I'm replying here!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Unable to reply to forum closing thread, so I'm replying here!  (Read 913 times)
th31r1shguy
(self proclaimed) King of the Short Posts

not to be confused with th4t1r1shguy

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« on: September 14, 2011, 12:18:36 am »

I always knew the forum would come to an end, I just didn't think I'd be around to see it.  NeoAnime made me the writer that I am today.  It's as simple as that.  I was just a mathelete before this forum.  Now... well... I can write too!  (I still suck at conclusions though, NA never taught me that)

But more important than the experience was the community.  The only user on this forum that I've ever physically met is Vera, but I feel like I actually know alot of people here.  This forum was my escape, my friends and family away from my actual friends and family.  I only use aim now to talk to people from here.

I'm going to miss this place.  Checking this forum will be a hard habit to break.  If you guys want to contact me, my email and aim are posted on my profile
Report Spam   Logged

Shit Happens

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

demon-fayt
"I find it kind of funny, i find it kind of sad; The dreams in which I'm dying are the best ive ever had..."

"The slower we move, the faster we die..."

View Profile WWW
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 01:34:49 am »

Heh yeah, I guess it's been a long time coming. I had tried to urge kadri multiple times to re-think this out of some far-flung notion that maybe things would get better, and whenever a new member would spring up it seemed that it would for a while. As much as anyone else has said, I feel as if you guys are a flesh-and-blood family to me, and leaving this will surely be a crushing blow to my spirit. It's sort of like being at a reunion of sorts and reliving the adventures of times past; and sure, those times were great, but as we all fall away it's impossible not to be upset, not because we can't relive those moments, but because there are no future memories to make.  I truly will miss this place, and all that it's meant to me in the last 7 years of my life. (oh, and if anyone want's my contact info: Darkloardpiggy@hotmail.com, yeolesmithy@gmail.com,  facebook.com/yeolesmithy) Maybe it's true what they say: Life is all about goodbyes.
Report Spam   Logged

Pro quis causa does vir diligo tamen ut certe certo sui suus satisfaction?

Click to view my Personality Profile page" border="0[/url]
Kadri
.:: Empress of Yay ::.
Administrator

Shh... I'm invisible...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 02:19:38 pm »

All of the posts in the Forum Closing thread notwithstanding, your comments here make me really sad.

I honestly hate to shut this place down... For the longest time, I thought that we could keep Neo-Anime alive if I just kept posting, and if I kept encouraging and harassing everyone else to keep posting. I kept hoping that new members would eventually come, if we were here long enough. But this is a free site, so we haven't gotten much in the way of advertisement. If I had the time and the money to sink into online advertising that would bring traffic and potential new members to the forums, things might be different... but I don't have the money to buy ads on Facebook or anywhere else.

If I thought that we had a chance of making it, I wouldn't even think about shutting down. But even the Dojo... the one part of Neo-Anime that has never been without some kind of activity... has been totally devoid of new posts for over a month now. That just doesn't happen here. Ever. So, much as I hate to admit defeat, I think it's time to but NA to bed.

It will be hard for me to break the habit of checking the forums, too. After eight years, I'm not even sure it's still a habit--sometimes it feels more like a compulsion. But I'll leave this place up (like tetsuo13 left up most of the original Neo-Anime) for us to go back and look at later on, so it's won't be completely gone. I guess we're just moving on to a new chapter in our lives. Hopefully the future is a good one.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 02:19:54 pm by Kadri » Report Spam   Logged

Discord Tag#5403

Welcome to the Idiots Convention. Would you like a free t-shirt?

Oh look, I found my original Neo-Anime signature... Ah, good times... XD

th31r1shguy
(self proclaimed) King of the Short Posts

not to be confused with th4t1r1shguy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 11:32:00 pm »

The dojo really was the spine of this place.  But it was only as strong as the people who posted new threads in it.  Once we got down to 2-3 roleplays at a time, I kinda started expecting this.  Maybe at some time down the road you can re-open this forum, or I might find the motivation to start my own or something, but for now I think this is for the best.  It was a good run, but I think that, like some of the great unfinished roleplays of my time, we should lay this forum to rest.  

I've been thinking about re-writing atu or at least writing out the ending when I get some free time.  I think winter break sounds like a good time to crack open my writing chest again
Report Spam   Logged

Shit Happens
Kadri
.:: Empress of Yay ::.
Administrator

Shh... I'm invisible...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 12:02:25 am »

I've been thinking about re-writing atu or at least writing out the ending when I get some free time.  I think winter break sounds like a good time to crack open my writing chest again

I think Xira and I are both considering a re-write of ATU, as well. It seems like we have a bee in our brains about that RP... and I will admit, it would be nice to see it with a written ending. Especially since we all pretty much know how it would have turned out, with the exception of a few small details here and there that we would have each contributed.

I guess we'll just see what happens. I'll miss roleplaying here, though. You guys really made me love returning to forum RPing, and I had a lot of fun.
Report Spam   Logged

Discord Tag#5403

Welcome to the Idiots Convention. Would you like a free t-shirt?

Oh look, I found my original Neo-Anime signature... Ah, good times... XD

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: