Neo-Anime Forums
Neo-Anime Forums
April 18, 2024, 07:58:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Gallery Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Never heard of it.....

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Never heard of it.....  (Read 512 times)
demon-fayt
"I find it kind of funny, i find it kind of sad; The dreams in which I'm dying are the best ive ever had..."

"The slower we move, the faster we die..."

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« on: October 13, 2009, 06:44:31 pm »

I though it would be a good Idea to start a thread where we could go and share Anime that others might not have heard of, and may want to check out int the future. Basically, give the Title and a description of what its about and why you would recommend it to those who might not have seen it before.

One that comes into mind at the moment would be Niea_7 (read: Niea Under 7)
The series is about a young schoolgirl who lives (though mostly unwillingly) with the alien Niea above the local Bath house she helps out at.

I would say to check out this series because, mainly, its downright hilarious. I would only complain about the attempt to create a deeper atmosphere towards the end of the series (its only 13 ep long, i believe), although it does pay off.
Report Spam   Logged

Pro quis causa does vir diligo tamen ut certe certo sui suus satisfaction?

Click to view my Personality Profile page" border="0[/url]

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kadaj
καλλιχτι

It was ever thus...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 08:13:50 pm »

Liar Game is seldom heard of. You'll have to read it to have any idea what it's about. The story is the only reason it's lasted this long, which is saying a lot because the art sucks pretty bad.
Report Spam   Logged

I hold you in the highest regard, my friends.

demon-fayt
"I find it kind of funny, i find it kind of sad; The dreams in which I'm dying are the best ive ever had..."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 11:47:34 pm »

Well could you at least give some kind of synopsis?
Report Spam   Logged

Duama449
*narrows eyes* Read my sign!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 12:23:09 pm »

History's strongest Disciple Kenichi

randomly ran into it on youtube last year as one of the new vids, went back to start and love it!!! It's about kenichi, a weak high school student who gets bullied all the time meets a new girl, miu,  on his way to school. They become fast friends he vows to protect her when he becomes strong, He then witnesses her fight off a group of thugs singlehandedly and instantly falls for her. He follows her to her martial arts dojo to get stronger and protect those close to him, there he learns from five masters in the ways of Karate, chinese kenpo, muay thai, jujitsu, and weapons training on his path to become history's strongest disciple! It's got the perverted humor of tenchi muyo,  with twice the action, and a hilarious seemingly weak main character humor of Trigun along with real knowledge about martial arts.

you can read the manga on onemanga.com

or you could search for the eps on youtube. I'd go with the manga the, way more perverted humor.  Thumbs-up
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 12:27:43 pm by Duama449 » Report Spam   Logged

Dancing Artest kirby!!
   \\\\
<(0.0<)  

////
(>0.0)>
Kadaj
καλλιχτι

It was ever thus...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 03:11:12 pm »

Well could you at least give some kind of synopsis?
I could, but preconceptions often get in the way of reality, and spoilers are hard to avoid. Not to mention that it's pretty complex and I'm lazy... Here, if you must have one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liar_Game
Report Spam   Logged

I hold you in the highest regard, my friends.

Seiten Taisei
Alter Egos? Naw... Maybe... >>

It can't rain all the time.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 09:51:54 am »

Gensōmaden Saiyūki, Saiyūki: Reload, Saiyūki: Reload/Gunlock

A manga series by Kazuya Minekura which was serialized in G-Fantasy from 1997 to 2002. The story is loosely based on the famous Chinese novel Journey to the West.
Saiyuki is the story of four anti-heroes: the monk Genjyo Sanzo (or just "Sanzo"), the monkey king Son Goku, the half-demon Sha Gojyo, and the man-turned-demon Cho Hakkai (formerly known as Cho Gonou). They have been dispatched by the Sanbutsushin (the Three Aspects of Buddha, who relay the orders of heaven) to travel to India to stop the possible resurrection of the Bull-Demon-King, Gyumaoh. Along the way they are beset by inept assassins, bad weather, and their own tragic personal pasts. Meanwhile, the villains, two unlikely confidants, Gyokumen Koushou (Gyumaoh's concubine, a demon) and a mad scientist, Dr. Ni Jianyi (a human), continue their attempts to restore the long-dead king. These experiments, a forbidden mixture of science and magic, spawn the "Minus Wave", infecting all of the demons in Shangri-La with madness, shattering the fragile peace that once existed between humans and demons.

Saiyūki: Reload/Burial (Arc of Reload)

This part of the anime shows a more in depth past on how they all came together.

Saiyūki: Gaiden

This series takes place in Heaven, 500 years before the first Saiyuki series. The plot is based around the four main characters of Saiyuki in their past lives, and details exactly what it was they did to get thrown out of heaven.

The names of the characters are:
Konzen Douji - Genjyo Sanzo's former incarnation.
Tenpou Gensui - Cho Hakkai's former incarnation.
Kenren Taishou - Sha Gojyo's former incarnation.
Goku - Son Goku himself, 500 years ago.

sidenote:
No this is not a yaoi, however there has been several yaoi fan art of this manga/anime. Don't be discouraged, it is rather a good and funny read or watch.
Report Spam   Logged

demon-fayt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2009, 09:39:11 pm »

Saiyuki is rather hilarious. And actually, some of the art that appears in the anime durring the first opening somewhat borders on Yaoi......just sayin...<_<

Last Exile:

This series is possibly the perfect example of why anime will never die. Everything about this series is quite beautiful, from the Artwork, to the story (though also really sad at parts), the music, and how the characters are just so......Real.

The story is set on the fictional world of Prester, where its inhabitants use aerial vehicles known as vanships as a means of transportation. On this world which is divided in eternal conflict between the nations of Anatoray and Disith, sky couriers Claus Valca and Lavie Head must deliver a girl who holds the key to uniting the two factions. Although Prester itself is not a representation of Earth, it features technology reminiscent of nineteenth century Europe at the dawn of the Industrial Revolution. Many of its designs were also inspired by Germany's technological advances during the interwar period.

Please, do yourself a favor and go and check out this series.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 09:40:03 pm by demon-fayt » Report Spam   Logged

Xira
Uncia

Be careful, I bite.

View Profile WWW
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2009, 07:37:53 pm »

Eve no Jikan (or Time of Eve)
It's a short 6 episode 15 mins each series about this time in the future when androids have become common use in households and are very real like. So much so that a law was passed that androids had to display a ring of data above their heads so that they could be distinguished from humans. Androids face a lot of discrimination from a lot of people. One day this human boy finds a cafe who's house rule is "there will be no discrimination between humans and robots". And it's kind of all about his time there.
Report Spam   Logged

baka04
I'm am the past of my future

dokusei

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2010, 04:42:41 pm »

Liar Game is seldom heard of. You'll have to read it to have any idea what it's about. The story is the only reason it's lasted this long, which is saying a lot because the art sucks pretty bad.
Have you seen the J-drama? It's so good I'm waiting for a release of the movie to be subbed

Also a good anime to check out Shura no toki nice martial arts anime set up in the I want to say Edo period of Japan. The main character goes up against some pretty big names such as Junbei, Musashi, and various members of the Shinsengumi all with out a weapon.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 04:45:13 pm by baka04 » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: