Neo-Anime Forums
Neo-Anime Forums
March 28, 2024, 05:21:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Gallery Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

MMOs

Poll
Question: Eastern or Western influenced?
Eastern - 0 (0%)
Western - 3 (100%)
Other (please state what in a post) - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 3

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MMOs  (Read 150 times)
Xira
Uncia

Be careful, I bite.

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« on: October 15, 2009, 02:18:58 am »

I want to know other people's opinions on MMOs. I've played....a good many of them to say the least. I stick with it more maybe a few months then move on. In my MMO travels I've noticed the blatantly glaring difference between Eastern and Western rpgs. Eastern ones are generally based around something to do with a war. The story seems to get lost in all of the side quests, and despite the fact that they tell you there's a whole army backing you (and losing) you never seem to encounter more than 1 or 2 officers who have quests for you to do.
Western on the other hand, has more of a high fantasy influence (if it's fantasy at all) Again there's a war, however it seem to be more kept on track, and (at least from what I've seen) there are way more npc officers who are participating in said war. Western MMOs also seem to be a lot less grind heavy than some of the Eastern ones. I would grind for 2-4 hours a day and it would still take me a week to reach a new level in some of the mid game stages.

Well I've prattled on about what I think, but now I want to hear from you, our viewing audience. ^^
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Lil Spawn
The Hellspawn from Heaven

Whoa...you a got a huge boogie right there...

View Profile WWW
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 02:59:14 am »

Western for me. Example: Yes I do enjoy playing FFXI, but man is it TEDIOUS. 6hours EARTH time for a Chocobo Quest? That's just insane. I've been hooked on to WoW recently and I've got to say that it's better than FFXI when it comes to certain things. I grind for HOURS on FFXI and only gain about 2-3 levels. If I grind for HOURS on WoW I'd go up about 4-6 lvls. WoW has more races to choose from, but FFXI has the job/subjob concept which I really like. The fact that you can obtain every job in the game and lvl them to 75 with only one character is awesome. But in all I'd have to go with Western on this one. I hope it's some changes to FFXIV that makes it a little better.
Report Spam   Logged

Kadaj
καλλιχτι

It was ever thus...

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 09:09:09 pm »

I enjoy them, but I have yet to play one that is up to my standards. I got obsessed with Tales Of Pirates a few years ago, but that got old quick. I have not played WoW, so that could be a part of the problem. I can't say I've played FFXI either. I am very obsessive, so I might like it quite a bit.
Report Spam   Logged

I hold you in the highest regard, my friends.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: